News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Aluminum Radiator?

Started by Ford_Crazy, 2010-06-21 10:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford_Crazy

I need to buy a radiator for my 57 Custom.  I'm running a big block and will probably have air conditioning at some point.  They want $600-$700 for a Griffin radiator, which I think is a little pricy.  I see that Summit has universal fit aluminum radiators and wonder if any one on the forum has ever used one?  How do you mount one of these universal radiators?  Thanks!

Ford Blue blood

I have used them in three different applications.  They are good units and did the jod very well.  Mounting will vary.  I used bottom and top mount brackets in the Falcon install I did.  Bent some 16 gauge sheet metal 2" wide into a basic "U" shape for the bottom two and the top was a "U" shape that bolted to the radiator support much like the later Mustangs did.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

4banger

Remember one thing, you get what you pay for. Griffin is top of the line. Nuff said

Lgcustom

I'm using an AFCO universal fit radiator. Had to make brackets, but that was no big deal. It cools my 460 with no problems. I'm using a clutch fan and no shroud.

Ford_Crazy

My stock 57 radiator core is 25" wide and 18" high.  What is the size of the universal radiator you are using?  Model number?  Thanks