News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Cooling Opinions!

Started by KidKourier, 2010-06-28 16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KidKourier

Went to my local radiator shop to see about heating problems when running air conditioning(He's a gearhead with a couple of hotrds).He said he could build a custom copper/brass 4 core radiator + 2 electric fans(1-pusher with toggle switch for low speed cruising & 1-puller with temp control) all installed for a little over $700! Or I could go with a Griffin Aluminum radaitor for $560 + 2 -18" electric fans(same as above) for about another$150 ! I only want to do this once so all opinions/insite will be helpful!!!    KID

Dakota

His 4 core is probably the smaller tubes. I just ordered my Griffin today.  the longer narrower tubes have better cooling, with more surface area.

I would go with Only puller Fans, the one in front is only gonna restrict flow.  run them with something like a spal switch, that istemp operated.
Hot Rodders are the True Artists, Restorers just paint by number. ~ Luanne Rosenow

shopratwoody

Aluminum radiators are hard to repair :003:
I hate blocksanding!

JimNolan

Kid,
   Look up the past posts on radiators. With 300 hp 390ci, my Griffin won't let the temp go over 180-200 degrees no matter what the temp outside or the amount of idling I do. I run a 6 blade AC fan, 1/2" from the radiator with no heat schroad. remember the more btu's you use the more cooling capacity you need. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.