News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front Wheel Backsppacing

Started by Bubba, 2010-07-28 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
I know the question was posted before, and I
can't locate an answer, but I am curious what backspacing will work on the front wheels with a 15x7 inch rim running a 225-70R-15 tire?  I will be using a 4.5 inch backspace on the rear wheels.
Thanks
BuBBa

57AGIN

BuBBa:

I'm not sure if this will be responsive to your question, but here is the size of my Cragar S/S rims off the invoice

Front   Cragar 15x7.0 5/4.50-4.75-5 STD S/S-Cragar  (info on the order form) mounted with P225/60R15 BF Goodrich T/A Radials.

I believe the front rim was set at a standard back space.  However, with the 60 series tire I found that I had to get a spacer plate to move the tire out away from the front suspension, as I had a slight rubbing when I was backing out of my garage with the wheel turned max left.  The spacer cured the problem on the inside and I don't have outer rubbing problems.  My front spring are original, which has lowered the car in addition to the Granada dropped spindles.

Since you are using a 70 series tire you probably won't have a problem with standard backspacing.  Hope this helps.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

It appears on my car that the Torino spindles move the wheels
in a little bit. Not sure cause I run a 14x6 with 0 offset and a
215x60 TA.The spindles also lower it some and my srings are
cut. :burnout:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!