News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

What Dual Master cyl will Fit

Started by hotrodbob, 2007-04-16 22:19

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrodbob

What dual master cyl will bolt up to the stock 4 bolts on the firewall? We are switching to discs using the stock spindles
Anyone can restore a classic car, but it takes a real hot rodder to cut one up and make it cool.
http://bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

RAWms

IF you are thinking discs front and drum rears non-power, I think I once ran an early 70s Maverick MC in a sedan delivery.  The front discs/spindles were '74 Mercury Montego & calipers.   It has been a few years now but that is what I remember.   Good luck, r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

fomocochoptop

I remember using 1967-72 mustang or Cougar Disc/Drum Master Cylinder. Make sure you use the Correct Proportioning Block also. it will bolt to 2 of the four bolt holes.

Frankenstein57

I bought a nice new one on ebay, bolts right up 195$ Has a small booster for clearance. I don't recall the company, but he is on there all the time. I'm nowhere near using it yet. Mark

shopratwoody

I took a factory plate off a firewall at the junkyard that changed it to the Mustang bolt pattern.Some mid 70 Ford product.
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I run `74-`77 Maverick master cyls, for manual disks.  The part is readily available at NAPA.  The main reason I like it, besides that it works really well, is that the lines exit on the left side, instead of toward the engine.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

BAMA_57

Sorry to dig up an old post but... What do you do for the brake light switch?
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

Fairlane500Ron

Hello
I used a 1965 Mustang electric switch but had to use the push rod
that came with my 74 Mavrick Mstr cyl  p/n wagner R83746. it has a flat end to make the switch operate.  The original 57 ford brake push rod was round on the end and will not work
I'll try to find the p/n.  got it at a parts store.  less than $5
Works like a charm.
Use one of the top empty bolt holes to run the wires through the firewall.
If I could find the "Old" posts, the sw p/n is there
I'll try to post a pic of it mounted.
Ron

57 Ford Kustom

I used a 76 Granada Master cyl. It came with the flat end push rod (had to be lenghten 1/2") $16.00 at Auto Zone no core. Also used the Mustang stop lite switch as Ron has in previous post. You are not going to find a master cyl that has the 4 bolt mount. You use the bottom 2 holes to mount the master cyl .

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

shopratwoody

There is a plate that adapts the two hole to the four on the firewall. I took one off a Ford at the junkyard.
I used a tri 5 Chev stop light sw. It's an adjustable push button that the brake pedal arm hits. Made a small
bracket for it and welded it. Also used the Mustang type MC with lines going away from engine.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

BAMA_57

Okay, thanks guys. I just happen to have a MC left over from a Mustang project that was never used with the rod on it.
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer