News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Campy's Ranchero, a few pics

Started by JPotter57, 2010-10-28 21:04

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I spent Sunday afternoon over at Campy's shop, and he has done some tricky stuff to his Ranchero.  First, the Wilwood brake setup he made brackets for, is awesome.  I took a bunch of photos, many of which are in the Under Construction section of the gallery.  If you have any questions, contact Campy via PM here.  He is an excellent fabricator, and has all the templates and prototypes made, so that the waterjet cutting shop can exactly duplicate them if needed.  The other stuff he has made for this car is awesome as well, including the poly fuel cell container, that looks like a regular fuel tank from beneath.  The instument panel for aftermarket gauges is coming along nicely as well.  Take a look at some of the photos.  Looking good, Campy.. :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

ranchero57

Thanks James
I had a good time with our visit this weekend.I appreciate you taking the pics and posting them.I just recently learned how to use this computer (been resisting hi tec for years),dont like cars and trucks that you cant see the ground with the hood open either.
  My disc brake set up uses stock spindles(unaltered)stock drum hubs with flange machined to fit inside discs and flange  faced to make discs spin true,had to install longer studs.I used jeep discs (unaltered)11 inch diameter,vented.875 thick.The rest of the system is just adapter plates and spacers,made in my shop.I am almost finished with the rear disc brakes,they also use the 11 inch jeep discs,with the axle wheel flange machined to fit inside the hat shaped disc.Just have to finish the caliper mount.Be happy to share the patterns and info with yall--Campy

Frankenstein57

Nice work, thanks for sharing.  Are those pinto spindles?   Mark

ranchero57

Hi Mark
Spindles are stock 57,so are the front hubs(with a little machine work and a stud change)-Campy

RICH MUISE

That's some pretty impressive work you're doing on the Ranchero Campy.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe