News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Water pump for 351 W in `57 Ford

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

RAWms
`57 Fanatic

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Water pump for a 351W in a '57   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems I remember there are two styles of water pumps for the SB Ford. Each having a coolant intake (lower) from either the left or right side. Is that true?

I'm putting a 351W in a '57. The '57 lower radiator connection is on the left (Driver) side. Is there a pump for the SB Ford that has the coolant intake towards the driver side? If so what are the specs that I will be asked like year, model, color of interior, white walls, radio... you guys know the drill.

thx, r

As of 11/12/06

callback
`57 Enthusiast

Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: waterpump   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also putting a 351W in my ranchero, you want to get a pump for a 70-78 302-351W I used a aluminum milodon brand #MIL-1631 standard volume or #MIL-16231 high volume the lower hose connection is on the drivers side.

RAWms
`57 Fanatic

Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Thank you   

Thank you. r

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Roger:

I know you have already finished your water pump and have your 351W up and running.  Thought I'd add my experience in.  My 57 was originally a 6 cyl and the lower radiator connection was on the passenger side, so I used the Edlebrock Victor series water pump with a passenger side coolent intake.  In many respects this is advantageous, should you want to add power steering, A/C, or a centrifugal supercharger in the future.  It leaves a lot more space for various types of accessories & mounts. 

I've included a couple of shots, I'll see if I can find a better one when I get home.

Bob
57AGIN 

bagboy

I have a 69 351w in a 57 RW that had a 223 worked with 66 must. hoses