News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Spindles

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2010-11-26 09:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Loking for Granada/Monarch/Versailes spindles for the Ranchero project.....what is out there?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Bill...the only ones I've seen advertised are from drop n stop. I'm sure there are others using them for the conversions, but I don't have a clue who. Scouring the big wrecking yards is always an option.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

suede57ford

My brother has a source in Austin for brand new ones and available in complete brake packages as well.  The price has always been good and they are high quality.  We have purchased many sets.   I can get you a contact if your interested.

I have given up finding any Granadas any more.  They are getting to be like 57 Fords.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Pat...that contact info would be great for us to have...especially if they have a website...and speaking of finding '57 fords I found 2 Rancheros in a lot along with a dozen or so 50's f-100s,65 mustang,66 bird, an anglia (I think) and a dozen others. The guy wasn't home so I don't know if they are available. they obviously have been there for years. They are in Cactus...North of Dumas. Got pictures of most but my wife got sick and I had to leave before I could get to a position the get pics of the Rancheros.

tarheel57

Bill,if you are looking for new ones Fatman Fabrications have them.This is were I got mine that Im using on my custom 300,he also sells the complete Granada  disc brake setup to go with them, which you have to use with droped spindles.He offers up to a 3" drop.The shop I work at has used a lot of Fatman products over the years and always had good luck with them.Their spindles dont require any reaming or modifing of parts,just bolt on and go.There phone no. is  ( 704 ) 545-0369 and web site is  www.fatmanfab.com  .Good luck,Tarheel57  :unitedstates:

Ford Blue blood

Thanks guys, mostly looking for yard bird spindles.  I can build with all new parts for $250 and the kits I have found out there (Fat Mans, etc.) are in the 500 + range.  I used Fat Mans stuff before and agree it is good and they will spend the time (not the sales guy) on the phone if you have problems.  suede57 please send the info....if all else fails I may have to go that way.

Again thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

glen b henderson

Bill, I have one set left, $135.
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Glen I'll take them if the pair I "think" I found up here are not good.  I will know by the end of the week.  A 57 Ford guy up here (Ben Arnald) is very ill and a fellow 57 guy (Don in Hayden, AL) is trying to move most of his stuff for him prior to his passing.  He had two very nice (high #4 cars, low #5) 57s on ebay with BIN prices, a rag top and two door hard top, neither one sold (55K &40K) in todays market.  Not sure if he will come off those prices or not.

Are yours complete or just the spindle?  Really don't matter, the core for the calipers is only ten bucks, just curious....

Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

glen b henderson

Bill, I have the spindles, backing plates, and core calipers. Let me know,
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Thanks Glen, I am looking at them tomorrow morning and will let you know as soon as I get back.  Bill

Forgot, Ben's 2 Dr Ht is sold.  Fellow contacted him after the auction ended and made a deal.  Getting picked up tomorrow by an enclosed carrier.  Think he said Washington but didn't think to ask DC or State......

His 57 rag is one nice ride, worth every penny!  It is a high 4 - low 5 car.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

iamflashman

If anyone needs disc brake setups, I have a source in Austin that makes brand new granada based swap kits for Mustang.  They are complete front disc brake kits from spindle to master cylinder and do include an adjustable proportioner valve and residual valve for the rears.

The front rotors are also slotted so they have a pretty nice look.  

The spindles need reamed to fit the stock ball joint and tie rod end.

The website is http://discbrakeswap.com.  If you call him, make sure to tell him James Fleischman (57 Ford guy) sent you and maybe you will get a little discount.

1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

RICH MUISE

Thanks for the info James, and welcome to the site. I knew Pat had a brother in Austin...I guess you must be him. I live in Amarillo...still haven't met your dad or brother. When you get a chance post some pics of your ride..I think I remember Pat saying you had a convertible?
Also I have a few questions about the website listing...do they have complete kits specifically for the 57 fords( WITH THE SPINDLES REAMED), do they sell just the Granada spindles and do they have the facilities to ream the spindles according to whether or not we want a drop or stock height?
I can add it to our list of links if they carry anything '57 ford specific.  Thanks, Rich

iamflashman

They do not have kits specific for 57 Ford.  I just buy the kit minus tie rod ends and ream them myself with a tapered reamer.

They do not offer dropped height other than the fact that granada spindles are dropped over stock 57 ford spindles.

I am dropping a stock 57 ford spindle off tomorrow with him and he said he will see about getting some made that are already reamed for installation.  I will let you know how this works out.

In the mean time, if you ever needed a set I could probably pick them up, get them reamed and bring them to Amarillo when I visit family.
1958 Edsel Bermuda

iamflashman

I picked up a set of brakes for my ranch wagon and talked to him today.  I gave him a 57 ford spindle and he said that he would make a 2" drop version specific for the 57 ford.

He did not give me an ETA but this guy gets stuff done fast.  I will let you know when they are available.

1958 Edsel Bermuda

RICH MUISE

James...thanks again. I've already got my spindles for my project, but it's long term good news for 57 owners. Eventually the supply of granada spindles had to run out. I'll add the website to our links post