News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

WANTED: 1957 FORD GRILL DEFLECTOR PANELS R & L

Started by jegsr, 2011-01-02 11:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jegsr

WANTED: 1957 FORD GRILL DEFLECTOR PANELS R & L. MUST BE EXCELLENT TO MINT CONDITION. Contact John at gambill@1957ford.com  :unitedstates: Thanks

RICH MUISE

deflector panels? new term for me...could you describe what you're looking for..I suspect it's what we've been calling splash shields. (Under headlight area behind parking light assy's) ??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jegsr

Hey Rich, Yes the panels under the headlights, the ones some of you call splash shields. The factory name is Radiator Side Air Deflector Assy. B7A-8104-A RH and B7A-8105-A LH fit all 57 models. I sure appreciate the help in locating a set. Thanks, John

RICH MUISE

John...back in Nov. I did a post on making new ones (general discusion...page 2)...On that post Bill had posted that Randy Conner from Wis. Had some new repros at one time and noted that Randy's info was on your website.
They are a lot of work to make but can be done in a weekend with alot of cutting/welding/hammer and dolly work but no specialized equiptment.There is a photo of the ones I made (finished) in the Gallery/ under construction/row10   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Hey John, did you get another 57? Email me brother...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

alvin stadel

I think I have what you want haven't looked at them for awhile,very good as I remember. I'll try and get to them this week-end, Alvin stadel

jegsr

Hi Alvin, Did you have time to take a look an see if you have a nice set?? You can send me some pictures and the price to gambill@1957ford.com Thanks, John

alvin stadel

John I was able to get out to my parts cars  and I do have a a set of deflector panels, they are still on the car, I see a little surface rust but nothing heavy. I have no idea what they are worth, and then there is frieght. If you want them let me know, It has to warm up some before I take them off it's no fun when at 0 or 10 above.  Take care, Alvin.

alvin stadel

John, I  got the grill deflector panels off this afternoon. They look good to me, well blast them off this week-end and get you some photos of them. take care, Alvin

alvin stadel

John I got the deflectors cleaned up this afternoon, they arn't as good as I thought, the right one is, however the left one has serveral pin holes in it. It had been undercoated, probably when new and moisture got behind it anddone its thing. Sorry take care, Alvin.

JPotter57

Keep watching ebay, John.  I got some really nice ones out of New Mexico, paid about $90 with shipping for them.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

jegsr

Hey Alvin thanks anyway.  I really appreciate you going to all that trouble. I really want a nice pair inside and out. Thanks to you too James

John at www.1957ford.com

jegsr

Thanks guys I got new ones from Randy Conner at ConCor Tool in WI. Contact him to get yours at RLCpartman@aol.com :unitedstates:

cool57

jegsr

Not NOS....... These are brand new production, exact copy of the original FoMoCo part. I guess you could call them a reproduction product of the highest quality, jegsr :unitedstates: