News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

2007 Car Show Season Begins Out West

Started by 57AGIN, 2007-04-23 11:02

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Hello Everyone:

This last weekend the West Coast car show season really began with the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knott's Berry Farm on Sunday.  There were almost 2000 Fords of every description on display and I'm happy to say the 57 Fords were one of the featured "milestone" cars.  We had a good showing of a variety of 57's, 23 of us showed our rides this year.  Fortunately the rain scheduled to arrive on Sunday held off, with just a little sprinkle marring an otherwise great day for a show.  We had a real nice 57 Ranchwagon drive in from Phoenix, Terry probably gets the long distance award, his 460 powered AOD equipped Ranchwagon is an excellent example of a well engineered trouble free 57. 

The other show was held at Seal Beach right in front of the pier, my normal weekend surfing haunt.  This show on Saturday had about 900 cars of all makes and six 57 Fords on display.  All six of these 57's also showed at the Knott's show the following day (busy weekend for us).  The 57 Custom Police Cruiser I borrowed to show at Knott's and also sowed at Seal Beach sure got a lot of attention.  There were plenty of comments about remembering when someone in their misspent youth got a ride in the back seat of one just like it, or getting pulled over by a similar one.  What great memories???

In the next couple of days I'll be PhotoShoping the pictures taken at both shows and getting them up on our web site. 

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Here's another photo taken at the Knott's car show.  This was taken out in the area where the majority of the 57's were parked.  We were placed in and among 49 to 59 Fords, but because we had 15 different 57's displayed we dominated the numbers of the 50's cars being shown.

I was able to pick up some new contacts to add to the local area 57 owners group to keep appraised of upcoming events.  The new contact info and people met certainly makes the Knott's show a good one to attend.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Here's a couple of shots taken at the Seal Beach car show held on Saturday, Apirl 21, 2007.  Due to the picture file sizes being a little larger than usual I'll have to post them separately.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Here's another one.

Bob
57AGIN