News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

TAKE NOTE:Zapoto's CHANNELED Business coupe

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-01-06 19:41

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I posted some pics Zap emailed me of his custom business coupe. All pictures are as the car was when he purchased it. They are in the under construction area of the gallery. In fact the pics were supplied to him by the previous owner because Zap misplaced his copies.
Zap...I've got a million questions and you can probably guess what they are about.
I have never seen, at least that I was aware of, a '57 with a channeled body
I am hoping you,ve got some more pics because I'd really like to see what the trunk, door sills, firewall look like. I'm trying to imagine the work involved on channeling a '57...they ain't no 32 roadster...It really gives it a cool stance, however from the outside it looks same as lowered suspension so I'm wondering why the enormous challenges of the channeling? Is the car airbagged? I thought maybe if it was the intent was to lower the car without sacrificing running gear ground clearance, and with airbags it could have then slammed look without putting the suspension on the ground ???Just thinking outloud.
The body looks like it was in great shape..was it a survivor?
I understand the pics are as you purchased it..I was wondering how long you've had it and what's been done to it since. Was it a driver? From the stance it obviously had an engine in it when the pics were taken..speaking of which..didn't the channeling present major problems with engine/hood clearance?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Rich, just checked the gallery. Are those the only pictures you received? Those are pictures before anything was done? I'll resend you the rest which will answer a lot of your questions, You like the way it sits in those wait till you see it down and out of nosebleed territory.

Zap- :unitedstates:

Pictures sent just open up every heading from Lloyd and you'll be in for a treat and its not even Halloween.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

shopratwoody

The picture above doesn't look channeled to me. Can the rest of us see the pics?
I'll check the gallery
I hate blocksanding!

RICH MUISE

the picture above was before the channeling.we had trouble getting the pics emailed to me but I think I have them all now. I misunderstood whan Zap told me it was channeled by the previuos owner, and sent the above picture not realizing the others didn't get thru. It'll take a while to resize them and get them all posted but I'll try to get one on for now and the rest as soon as I am able.  Rich
they are not coming up with the brouse button...I'll have to find where the download went to and get it figured out..

Zapato

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2011-01-07 14:31
The picture above doesn't look channeled to me. Can the rest of us see the pics?
I'll check the gallery

Shoprat! Does it look channeled now?

Rich thank you for taking the time to post them for me, rest of you guys enjoy them.

Zap- :burnout:
Zapato

RICH MUISE

anytime Zap...L.O.L...now I know why you were encouraging me a while back to post the spoiler thing I was thinking about..just testing the waters. Funny.
I'll get the rest of the pics posted in the gallery/under construction this weekend for sure. Really interesting photos and a ton of work.very impressive, very unique.  Rich

RICH MUISE

got most of them posted. They are in the under construction area of the gallery. Zap..I didn't post them all, but most. You may want to add comments to some of the photos.Where are you at now with the car? any progress since you purchased it?

Zapato

Rich, I added comments to pictures which should help it all make sense. I'm guessing there will be a ton of questions coming and will try and answer them as well as possible.Two things I need to say first as I don't want any misconceptions.

#1, All the work shown was done by the former owner, I don't believe in taking credit for anyone else labors.

#2, If it wasn't for Rich Muise assisting me by posting the pictures, you guys wouldn't be seeing them for quite awhile. So once again. Thanks!

ZAP- :unitedstates: :ttiwwp:

which is why you must go to the under construction gallery
Zapato

shopratwoody

Bitch'n Zap,
Low and Slow for sure. Man that's a lot of work. My oil pan likes
to drag now. Try to make skid plate.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Shop rat,  the beauty of channeling is that all the drivetrain components are still save in their stock locations the downside is that things such as rocker panels become vulnerable just about anywhere. No need for skidplates on the usual places but other issues to tend with. I had a tail dragger style car back in high school and I ended up welding a pair of steel casters that hung just below the bumper so I could back out of driveways without ripping off my back bumper. Glad you liked it hope to really start on it this spring, it needs to be finished.

Zap- :felix:
Zapato