News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Really off topic, please take time to read.

Started by Zapato, 2011-01-28 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Voting ended yesterday, results well be announced Feb 18th at the County Commissioners meeting, they get to review the results and have the final say on the park name. Will update this when I know the results. Thank you all that took time to read this and voted.

LUKE JENSEN MEMORIAL PARK   sure has a nice ring to it hope it happens, thanks again

Zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

glen courier

Too bad, our prayers for his family.
Why not nominate one of our young hero's who volunteered to serve our country and paid the ultimate price?

JimNolan

Zap,
   I went to the website and I cast my vote for Luke. I am like Glen, I'd rather see our parks and recreation areas named for someone that would give his life to give liberty to others or enhance the living standard of others. But, did you read the alternitive to naming the park after Luke, a county, a Town, a 4 lane highway or a nearby road. I don't think they're choices were very good to begin with. Hope your neighbors get the park named after their son. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

Have to agree with you guys, as a Viet Nam Veteran, I'm always in favor of honoring a fallen brother/sister. However since the nominating process is over and the other choices are pretty lame I have to go for Luke on this one. And thanks for voting.

Zapato

Bubba

Bros:
Just cast my vote for Luke!
As a Brother Nam Vet I agree with all the reasons for voting for a Service Vet, but for Luke's parents' sake it was well worth the effort to vote for him.
FYI we host an annual Memorial Day weekend Rolling Thunder party at our home in Warrenton, VA every year, this year will mark the 10th anniversary.  Last year we had two WWII and one Korean War Vet in addition to the Nam Vets. Drop me an Email if you're interested in attending.  Bring a sleeping bag we usually have about 20-30 folks staying at our place and another 20-30 at local motels.
BuBBa

Zapato

WELCOME HOME BuBBa! And thanks for voting.

Zap-
Zapato

glen courier

Bubba,
Thanks for your service. I have been looking for a reason to ride to the east, your party sounds great. I was army 68-71 my son did Iraqx2.

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Just found out today that it truly is Ok! to vote once a day, so if you're up to it vote again.

ZAP- :interesting:
Zapato

Bubba

To ALL the Brothers and Sisters:
You're welcome and thank you for your service.
Glen and Zapato, we would love to have you attend, there's always room for several more!!!
Our middle son Josh served with the Navy in Iraq and Afghanistan, Have a Nephew Nick who is a Navy pilot and served in both theaters, another Nephew David is a Major in the USAF.  And my honorary Newhew Adam is currently with the 3rd Special Forces in AFG on his second or perhaps third tour.
Again, we would love to see you in May.
BuBBA

Zapato

Quote from: Bubba on 2011-01-31 10:09

Again, we would love to see you in May.
BuBBA

Would be an all out budget buster this year, may be doable in 2012.

Zapato

shopratwoody

Zap,
Took care of that. Seems like a no brainer :003:
I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Quote from: shopratwoody on 2011-02-01 11:32
Zap,
Took care of that. Seems like a no brainer :003:

my thoughts exactly,thanks