News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Different ashtrays! what next?

Started by Zapato, 2011-01-28 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

BUBBA, I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN A HOOD SCOOP IF YOU WOULD PART WITH ONE. THANKS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Zapato

Quote from: Bubba on 2011-02-02 11:01
Glen:
I will take some measurements when I get home this evening and if i can take some digital shots to Email to you.  The scoop is stamped sheet steel and attaches with screws to the hood.  The scoop has a removable chrome grill with screening.  They actually look really good.  I have two or three of them that I acquired over the years. They were also used on Frod 600 series trucks, GMC trucks and I believe some International trucks.
BuBBa

Now it makes sense, did a google image search and it mentioned them as Pontiac super duty and also Ford. Was sure that had to be some kind of mistake. Guess it amost falls into the "That depends" category.

Zap- :unitedstates: :felix:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Bubba

I believe the scoops were made by an independent firm and when the OEM's saw them they figured they would work for anything that needed additional air under the hood  :003:  My cousin say he believes that they were also used on some the full size Mopar police cars and swears that some of the police cars in the old movie Sugarland Express, had those hood scoops on them.
One Never Knows Do One  :003:
BuBBa

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Zapato on 2011-01-29 14:11

I'd sure love to see a picture of that trim piece.

Zap- :unitedstates:

I have the trim on the glove box door on my Ranchero....that and the V-8 emblem.  Just discovered this as the door has been in the "open" position (frozen open) and I am just now getting all the crap cleaned out to start some work.  As soon as the door gets un-stuck I'll put a picture up.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

The part no. for that emblem is B7A-7004407-C. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

Her it is.  This Ranchero has a C7RF VIN and no production date (that I can figure out) as the area on the door tag is a long series of numbers with no breaks between them?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Lou

Bill, I sent you an email reguarding the data plate info on your Ranchero...Lou

dgasman

That is a glove box door off a 58 ford with the 352 interceptor motor .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Frankenstein57

Let me know if you want to part with it, Mark

Zapato

Quote from: dgasman on 2011-02-24 16:53
That is a glove box door off a 58 ford with the 352 interceptor motor .

Had one of those in a 58 back in High School have never seen another

Zapato

dgasman

I still have one myself.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

Ford Blue blood

I have not determind if it is original or not.  The sample paint digging I have done says it is the same color as the rest of the dash board.  Might be the entire dash was changed to a 58?  I have my doubts about that......just too hard to tell at this point.  If they did change the dash every fastener was put back in it's respective hole.  Have not gone in far enouph to see if the defrost ducts are 58 or 57.  Does have 57 wipers.  57 & 58 color are compatable?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Zapato

Not sure if all colors carried over to 58, my guess many did. will have to search for both year color charts and compare. I'd really doubt if anyone would go thru all the trouble to swap out a dash just for an emblem.

Zapato

JimNolan

Zapato,
    You're probably right, no one would change a dash for an emblem. But, on the other hand they might if someone got the bright idea to punch holes in the dash to insert oil, water temp and current guages in the dash. ( like mine was ) Or, they wanted to put a Kmart $29.00 stereo in the car and cut up the radio opening. Then when they sold it, the next guy decided to change it back like it was.
    It took me days cutting out 2" round slugs, contouring them and welding them back in the dash. Also someone had drilled a 3/4" hole for a emergency flasher control I had to weld up. I saved my dash but some dashes can't be saved. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.