News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

unwraping a NOS 57 back bumper

Started by alvin stadel, 2011-01-29 20:08

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Don't know why but I found this rather exiting. Afew years ago we were visiting my stepson and I desided to go into the Ford house and see if they had any old parts for sale, the partsman took me to the back room and told me to have a look, didn't take long and I spoted a rather large bumber in the corner and asked him about it. He told me it had been there a long time, way before he started work there and had no idea what it fit, I said I know what it well fit and what do you want for it, long story short , cost me a $100 bill, I took it home and put it in the parts shed. I'v  restored serveral 57's but always rechromed the bumpers that were on the cars.  Now I'm in the process of freshening up my 57 fairlane 2dht, new paint, buffing stainless, rubber whereever needed ect. Well this afternoon I desided to get that new bumper and see what I had bought years ago. It's the first time it has seen day light in I don't no howmany years, it's perfect, I hit it with a little polish and it does shine, even the black ribbins at the top are great. I don't know how many of you know Montana, but the parts tag I found said it was sent to the ford dealership in Miles City, and I bought it from the dealer ship in Fairfield which is North of Great Falls at least 450 miles from Miles City. I guess that when its cold and snowy out it dosen't take to much to excite me. take care, Alvin

Zapato

cold or not I'd be excited..................

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

alvin stadel

I'v been thinking  about that little trip to that dealerships parts room, and I bought quite a few new 57 parts that day, 2 steering wheels  master glid power steering horn rings, door and fender stainless and a steering sector or shaft. I'v sold or used most everything through out the years however still have the steering sector, I'm sure I'll never use it so it's for sale or trade if someone needs it. take care, Alvin.