News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Fairlane front Control Arms

Started by Alex L., 2011-02-08 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

Are the control arms the same as those on a 57 thunderbird?

canadian_ranchero

hollander says the lower control arms fit 57-60 mercury,58-60 edsel,57-62 ford,59-60 t-bird.to make the 60 and up fit the older ones you need to swap the front bushing.the uppers fit 58-60 edsel,ford 57-64,mercury 57-58,mercury 61-64.may need to swap inner shaft check first.hope this helps

Alex L.

Yeah, it does. I'm a dummy anyways. I was looking for air bag brackets to fit the front control arms and could only find ones for 55-57 thunderbird. Then i looked harder and found ones specifically for 57-64 ford sedans. I should look before i post.

cool57

Quote from: Alex L. on 2011-02-08 21:02
Yeah, it does. I'm a dummy anyways. I was looking for air bag brackets to fit the front control arms and could only find ones for 55-57 thunderbird. Then i looked harder and found ones specifically for 57-64 ford sedans. I should look before i post.

Who has them specifically for 57-64?

RICH MUISE

I checked their website to see if I could add them to our links list but their listing seemed real vague so I'll contact them as soon as I have a chance to confirm they handle kits specifically for '57 fords and will add it if they do, or if someone has purchased a kit let me know.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Alex L.

I've been doing a little more research and from everything I have read airbagit.com is unreliable and people take a risk in buying from them. I did however find another company which is much more reputable who makes a similar kit.

RICH MUISE

keep us posted, particularly if you purchase a kit.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe