News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

p/s box ?

Started by fordzilla57, 2011-02-20 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic

fordzilla57

building a 57 wagon it has a stright axle f/e  anyone know of a p/s box that will bolt in. my wife will be driving this car from time to time. thanks for any info

RICH MUISE

I just saw some advertised this morning on e-bay @599. Didn't pay too much attention and didn't bring up the full page for all the details. e-bay, vintage car parts, 1957 ford, sort by ending soonest...should be in the first 12 pages 'cause that's as far as I got.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Partsman

Try the Borgeson site www.borgeson.com.  They have a bolt in steering box as well as pumps,mounts,and hose kits fo either Ford or GM pumps.  They even have a pump mount kit for Y blocks.  The stuff they sell is always first rate.
Bill

suede57ford

I just bought the Borgeson box.   It looks like it should work very well. The key is it includes a pitman arm to do the swap correctly, and safely.  It seems like a bunch of money, but if it drives nice, you'll forget what it cost.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Bubba

The Borgeson box is excellent, but it may not fit if you're running a standard transmission with the original factory clutch linkage.  If your grocery getter is an automatic [fordomatic] you should be good to go or you can switch to a hydraulic clutch assembly.
BuBBA

Alex L.

Has anyone here actually installed one of these borgeson boxes? I'm right now weighing my options around different power steering setups, so any first hand experience would be great.

dgasman

Quote from: Alex L. on 2011-02-21 17:52
Has anyone here actually installed one of these borgeson boxes? I'm right now weighing my options around different power steering setups, so any first hand experience would be great.

Yes I have installed the Borgesons P/S box and it fits nice and is compact in size.
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman