News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hardtop weatherstrip

Started by TexasFordGuy, 2011-02-20 22:06

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasFordGuy

I have 63B hardtop that I bought fully disassembled. I have looked through the shop manual and have not been able to find a diagram of what the top area looks like -- where the door windows roll up to the roof.

Question: Is there just weather stripping, or is there a piece that I am missing, like the 56's, that has a stainless trim that opens and closes?

Does anyone have a picture ou this area that they can post?

Thanks, David
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

I can't help you unfortunatly, I'm building a custom 2dr sedan, but was wanting to welcome a fellow texas '57 fan. Where in Texas are you? I'm in Amarillo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

I'v got my hard top apart also and was going to replace the top weaterstrip, It's called the roof rail weather strip and you do need one. I'v looked everywhere and no one is repoping these. Mine are good enough to reuse with a little help from the glue bottle. I think that if you use a good sealer you'll be fine, like rope caulk, or a good silicone type caulk.  The originals are in two parts that matched up with the stainless roof rails. Take care Alvin.

Rideau 500

much like the 56, flipper and all

TexasFordGuy

Quote from: Rideau 500 on 2011-02-21 12:31
much like the 56, flipper and all

Is there replacement weather stripping for these and if so where do you find them?
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

RICH MUISE

have you guys checked with classic auto parts?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

Dave, I don't know how big  a hurry you are in,  but I'm going to part out another hard top this spring, when this damn snow and ice goes away so I can get to it and haul it home.  If the seals are still ok and usable I'll let you know, like I said in my first post I'v looked every where and they arn't making any repops. If you have a copy of the 57 ford - body, trim & sealant assembly manual, on page 7 - 1256, towords the back of the book, they show a detailed picture of it. If you find new ones let me know. take care, Alvin

Ford Blue blood

I understand they repop them for the 57 Chevy.  Nearly identical to the Fords so unless it needs to be perfect check them out.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

TexasFordGuy

I found the stainless parts I think, The felt/fuzzy parts look pretty worn.  Does anyone make those so you can refurbish them?
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

alvin stadel

I guess I may have miss understood you, I didn't realize you needed the metal parts too. I thought all you were looking for was the weather strip.  I do have the roof rails if your other sorce dosen't come across, I think I have 2 sets. However like a dumb ass I pitched the weather striping thinking new ones would be available.  Take care Alvin.

TexasFordGuy

Alvin, I looked at the ones I got with the car, and they are in pretty bad shape.  Please let me know about the ones you have. Thanks
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

cool57

Rebuild kits are available for Ch*vs. Probably the same vendor built flippers for all makes, so the weatherstrip may work from a different make car.

TexasFordGuy

Quote from: cool57 on 2011-02-28 15:17
Rebuild kits are available for Ch*vs. Probably the same vendor built flippers for all makes, so the weatherstrip may work from a different make car.

Any links to look at?  Not being a Chevy guy and all :-)
1957 Club Victoria (63B)
1955 F100

cool57

Quote from: TexasFordGuy on 2011-02-28 21:23
Any links to look at?  Not being a Chevy guy and all :-)

Me either :^) Just search repop Chev parts

57AGIN

Guys

You might try Googling Danchuck or Year I (Year One).

Bob
57 AGIN