News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new section

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-03-04 08:49

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

James..I see you've just added a new section for diagrams and such...great idea...thanks. The new section would also be a great spot for the service bullitins Gary (Canadian Ranchero) has been treatng us with.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I had considered it before but didnt think it would be used much.  Jim Byrne ( Bubba) suggested it the other day.  Since a lot of this stuff is being passed aroundnow, its a good time to add it.  Just make sure that any published work is credited to the author and or photographer.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

Is this new section also open to listing identification sights, such as head casting, Ford-o-matic IDs, engine displacement calculators, gear ratio calculators?  Or would you prefer to keep it just for factory service pages?

JPotter57

Actually, I would like to keep this section for just the drawqings and diagrams.  However, if one were to compile those things into an image file, or a PDF file, that would be perfect to post.  On second thought, if you want to post the links to the displacement or gear ratio calculators here, that would be ok, just post the title to read that it is a link to that kind of thing.  If you know the formulas for figuring those things manually, post that.  I have a large collection of motorsport math formulas around somewhere, which I used to use a lot when I was racing, to figure everything from ideal gear ratio to baselining carburetor size to cylinder volume and more.  If I find them, I may post them here. 
Hold that thought for a moment though, I may add another board here for posting links to things like that, or I may be able to find some web applications to do that for me, and post our own calculators here.  That would be cool too.  Thanks for the idea, Lou...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.