News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Good East Coast Junkyards

Started by Alex L., 2011-03-12 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

Does anyone one know of any good east coast (south carolina - maryland) junkyards where i might find a good 57 fairlane 500 hardtop trunk lid?

I have a friend driving down there shortly and was hoping he might pick up a trunk lid for me.

A phone number would be great, i can call and check with them.

Thanks

RICH MUISE

May not be a bad idea to try and get a list together of salvage yards know to have '57's. It would take a lot of input (addresses, phone numbers) from the members out there. I doubt many of them have websites unless they're really big.
What do you guys think? James..any input on how to record them if we do it?    Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

Try Leon's in Leon Virginia on route 29 headed south toward Madison.
(540) 547-2366. It's a pick your own parts yard.
http://www.leonsautoparts.com/
BuBBa

Jerrys Kars

The last time I was at Leon's there were several 57 Fords. Thinking of going back again.

Alex L.

Sadly, i don't think my friend is prepared to go to a u-pick yard and search for parts.

Jerrys Kars

What is a trunk lid worth? Maybe I could get one for you. I'm in Front Royal, Va. Is the Fairlane and Fairlane 500 the same trunk lid? We have to do this before the vegetation and critters come out.
Jerry

Alex L.

The 500 has it's own trunk lid, i'm pretty sure it is longer than the other ones.

canadian_ranchero

the fairlane and 500 are the same trunk lid,the others do not fit

Alex L.

I would say Canadian ranchero is probably right. Not just because he is Canadian, but because i really don't know what i'm talking about. 

canadian_ranchero

i use the hollander interchange manuals,the ones the auto wreckers use,they are printed in the USA.the ones i have cover the late 20's to 2004

Jerrys Kars

I'm seriously thinking of going by Leon's. Need to know what to give him for the trunk lid. I'm thinking a Custom or 300 would work except for the trim. On second thought maybe the key latch is different. Will retrieve this part just for the fun of it and the cost of the part.
Jerry

RICH MUISE

No...I wouldn't think Custom trunk lids would work on a fairlane. The trunk area is where the fairlanes pick up a good portion of the additional overall length. custom and custom 300 would be interchangeable with each other, except trim, and fairlane and fairlane 500 would be interchangeable with each other except trim. what I don't know is if 2 drs and 4 drs use the same trunk lid within the model.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

canadian_ranchero

2dr and 4dr are the same,the fairlanes use one trunk lid and the customs use a different one,the retract has it's own

alvin stadel

Canadan Ranchero is right , listen to him. I have friend that drove 300 m iles to get a trunk lid for a 57, he is rebuilding a fairlane 2 door post, it came off a custom 300. when he got it home and went to put it on it was 5 or 6 inches to short. Called me up in a panic, so now I have a very nice lid for a custom and he has one that well fit a Fairlane or 500. take care, Alvin

Bubba

Canadian Ranchero is definitely correct.  For example, Crites Restorations offers a light weight fiberglass trunk lid, but it will fit only the shorter wheel base cars the Custom and Custom 300.
BuBBa