News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barn Find

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2011-03-18 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Found this one on the HAMB, been in a barn in Vernon, TX since 1970.  I did bring home half of Texas with me....The critters had moved anything you can think of into the car.  This picture was taken after two 30 gallon garabage bags were filled just to access the seat bolts!  Have to finish cleaning it out, have cornered the market on mud daubbers, found a spider nest, sucked them bad boys into the shop vac!  First 57 that I've had that don't need fender/rocker/floor pan/quarter work, just don't know if I can handle the thought of not having to do a ton of cutting and welding.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen b henderson

Bill, it sure looks alot better than the one that I hauled back from TX.
Freedom is not Free

JPotter57

Great find.  My TX car had a little more than that too...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

suede57ford

Thanks for saving another '57 Ford!
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Frankenstein57

Wow, looks like a southern virgin to me, always wanted one.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

Mark I'll be heading up that way in a couple of weeks, could be yours, I'll throw that bad boy on a trailer and drop it at your door step :003:....I'm from Pardeeville, my wife is from Antigo.  We both ran away from home after graduation, (Navy for me, she married a Navy guy) and ended up being in the south for all my career, AL is very retiree friendly which is why we are here despite families in WI.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Frankenstein57

Bill, I'm sure we could work something out, stop by anytime. I have a nice FE 390 stick package that would slip right in there.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

Yupper, that is what is going in it, 390/4 speed OD.  Car only has 44K on it and given it hit the barn in 70 I would bet that is accurate!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

cool57

So you're the guy! :003: Congrats. I talked to Larry at length about the car and wanted it, but with no title Illinois is pretty hairy. I called again right before you picked it up because I had the title deal figured out...enjoy it!  :002:

Ford Blue blood

Ya, AL had no titles until 1974 (I think it was 74?) and getting good paper here is not too bad.  Larry is a great guy, had no surprises when I got it home and cleaned it out, his description was dead on.  Had the car paid for in December but family and "stuff" made it so I couldn't get down until January or February.  Turns out things didn't work out with a couple of guys that said they would haul it here (for hire) and a window opened up so I headed down and 35 hours later it was here!

I have finished most of the clean out (five 30 gallon bags full and still have to clean the remains off the seat frames!), figured out what direction it will go and now it waits it's turn.  Need to finish the wifes 65 Bird first (one of them keep the peace things).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

cool57

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2011-03-20 17:51
Ya, AL had no titles until 1974 (I think it was 74?) and getting good paper here is not too bad.  Larry is a great guy, had no surprises when I got it home and cleaned it out, his description was dead on.  Had the car paid for in December but family and "stuff" made it so I couldn't get down until January or February.  Turns out things didn't work out with a couple of guys that said they would haul it here (for hire) and a window opened up so I headed down and 35 hours later it was here!

I have finished most of the clean out (five 30 gallon bags full and still have to clean the remains off the seat frames!), figured out what direction it will go and now it waits it's turn.  Need to finish the wifes 65 Bird first  :003:(one of them keep the peace things) :003:....Oh yeah

Well, If things change I am still interested in the car :001:

RICH MUISE

Vernon,Tx is just a few hours south from me. They have a big cruise/show event every year, I think in August. It runs the whole weekend. The town rolls out the welcome carpet for the hot rodders and shuts down the main st. and downtown to all but the cruisers.
lol  If I had known you were going there I could have brought a shovel and helped lighten your load going back. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

I had thought about getting up with some of you guys from Texas when planning the trip, but, life happens and plans had to change.  The trying to get it moved was due to the mother-in-law being very ill (91 years old) and my wife being in WI to help with her care.  Those fell through and a window opened, had a friend that wanted to make the run down with me and when things came together so fast he was unable to come along.  So....I had one day notice that the trailer was good to go and my wife said her mother was doing better (not going to get well, just time) so off I went.  Larry was good enough to get the car up on all fours and out of the shed on short notice so it was done and over in a flash.  Next time around, there is some good ol iron out there on the flat lands!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

I'm amazed at the stuff I see on a daily basis here. Lots of neat cars on the road also, but seems like project cars everywhere. As usual not too many '57 fords though.
"flatlands"..you got that right. I tell people you know you're in Texas when you stop to read one of those roadside historical markers and it refers to "Mount something-or-other, and you look and you don't see one. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

One of the bigest hills on the pan handle!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero