News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hydrogen Gas Kit

Started by JimNolan, 2011-03-23 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
   Does anyone know of someone that put a Hydrogen Gas Kit on their Classic Car. If so, do you think they would mind letting the forum know of their experiences with it. Thanks, Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Jim, there is a guy on the hot rod.power.tour forum who is installing this kit in his old Cadillac.  He says he is about 90% done and expects to see mpg in the 20's range.  I have been watching to see his results, and power tour is only 3 months away so he should be getting close.  Take a loom at the hot rod website, just go to hotrod.com then go to communities, then forums, then select power tour.  The hydrogen caddy thread will be in there.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

Guys,
   I watched the most interesting video on youtube about a Ford Excursion making a cross country trip using a Hydrogen Generator on his V10 Excursion. He averaged about 13.5 mpg without the Generator and 14.2 mpg with it (interstate highway driving). Each time he showed the reciept of the gas he got and his calculations after each fillup. The most interesting thing about the video was how much gas mileage a Ford Excursion gets. I didn't know they sold cars anymore that got that little of gas mileage.
   Most of the videos on youtube show someone telling you he increased his mileage 25-35%. Each website I visited showed people getting up to 50% better gas mileage. That's why you need to hear from someone that's been there. If anyone has experience with these things, jump in. Jim

JimNolan

After three days of research and watching all kinds of videos I've come to the conclusion that these things don't work as advertised. One guy used Hydrogen to power a portable generator small engine. He had to use 2000 watts of power to produce enough hydrogen to run the engine at high rpm. Then he burnt up the muffler and also blew the plastic air cleaner off the carburetor. After he ran it on hydrogen for awhile he then ran it on gasoline so he could get the water out of the engine.
   I'd really like to experiment with Hydrogen, I just don't want to do it on anything I own right now. Jim

alvin stadel

Jim, Ford is suppose to be coming out with a new pick-up in 2012, I'v seen pictures of it,  it well be running a hydrogen V10. The one I saw is beyond fancy and nice, I can't imagen what it well cost. It well be interesting to see what kind of results it has. Take care, Alvin