News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Wanted- 57 70B

Started by millertime, 2011-04-04 15:38

Previous topic - Next topic

millertime

I am new to the forum and not sure what condition I am looking for. Driver quality at least, guess it depends on condition & price. Anyone have or know of anything for sale? All help is appreciated. Thanks Millertime!

Zapato

go to portland craigslist not sure if its a 70b but there is what appears to be a pretty nice 2dr custom.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

70B is the Custom 300 2 dr., 70A is the Custom 2 dr.  Only difference I believe is the side trim
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Interior trim,  doorpanels and seat covers are different too.  Plus more interior colors available.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

millertime

Thanks guys for the replies. I did find one, a custom 300. Pretty rough, but real cheap! The reason I wanted a 300 is my dad raced one in hobby stock class in the late 60's. This one may be a candidate to replicate the race car. I am currently trying to figure how much it may cost to restore to nice driver quality, as I found out a friend of mine has a 312 w/3 2's on it and a 4spd for me if I wish to go that route. Now to figure how far to go!!
MILLERTIME!

any advise?

RICH MUISE

within the last month or so we did a post on what to look for when checking out the '57's. My guess is you'll find it in the General discusion area.You said you found one cheap, don't know if you meant you bought it or are still looking at it."pretty rough" can mean lots of things. If you're talking rust That'll mean alot of time and money, so a "cheap" rusty one can easily end up costing more than a sound bodied car that might initially cost a few thousand more. It really depends on what you're looking for, and what you can actually find in whatever part of the country you're in. I personally found great satisfaction in restoring my rust bucket back to an absolutly no rust condition, but some just don't want or like that end of the restoration. If you have any specific questions or areas you want to talk about, feel free to post away. (the above discusion areas would be a better place to get responses to your questions than here)  Welcome to the club by the way  Rich
Tried to find the post where we were discusinng typical problem areas, and couldn't find it...anyone remember where it was?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

pg. 2 of the General Discussion area, thread is titled "problem areas".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

millertime

Thanks everyone!
Yes I did buy the one, and it is pretty humble. The frame looks decent, just a lot of bondo and the typical panels would need replacing. I did check out that discussion on prob areas and found it helpful. I really like the car I just dont know how I want to  do it. I like the idea of 312 w/3-2's, but a new 5.0 coyote engine sounds fun too. Anyone have an idea of a fair price for the 312 w/3-2's & 4spd. I saw it and it looks complete he pulled it out of a 56 and it has everything including motor mounts. any guess would be helpful.
Thanks & I am sure I will have more questions!
MILLERTIME!