News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Gas tank strap

Started by Ford Blue blood, 2011-04-06 09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Looking for one.....?  Car has one in it and no sign of the second.  Both the strap and the hanger are gone with no sign of tramatic removal.  For a 63A, expect they are the same for all non Retractables and Rancheros?

Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

I probably have one, let me check tonight.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

cool57

I think(?) Bob Drake sells stainless ones in pairs.

Alex L.

spectra premium makes them.

glen b henderson

Bill I'm sure that I have a couple extra, just have to look.
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

glen b henderson

Bill do you still need one? Sorry about the delay but I have two that I think will clean up. Let me know if you want them.
Freedom is not Free

Ford Blue blood

Glen I do, need just one.  Let me know how, what and when. 

I am not in a rush, still have many irons in the air with this car, sell it as is, partial fix and sell (needs the inner fender well patched in and I have them) or keep it and build the car into a  Kool Kruiser!?!

Still need to drop the tank and get it dipped and sealed so we are a day or two away from needing it.

Thanks, Bill
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

wildhog

Speaking of gas tank straps, my 2000 f150 ,I just stopped and put $72.00 of gas in it and was driving home and both straps broke( rusted in half) and tank fell onto the road and split the front seam. Lucky it didn't end in a big ball of fire!!! If you have a f150 take time to check it out. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

Tom, sounds like a recall in the making. Mark

cool57

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2011-04-14 20:45
Glen I do, need just one.  Let me know how, what and when. 

I am not in a rush, still have many irons in the air with this car, sell it as is, partial fix and sell (needs the inner fender well patched in and I have them) or keep it and build the car into a  Kool Kruiser!?!

Still need to drop the tank and get it dipped and sealed so we are a day or two away from needing it.

Thanks, Bill

:interesting: :003: