News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero

Started by Limey57, 2011-04-10 13:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

That's gonna be pretty. LOL...I'm just waiting for a newbie to come along and ask how you were able to find such a pristine example. I've said it before, but it bears repeating...GREAT WORK...and the impressive part in.... a home shop. Did you do the spraying also? I'm pretty sure I can guess the answer.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

GaryI72

Great body work. Your 57 is coming along great.

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-09-13 14:13
Did you do the spraying also? I'm pretty sure I can guess the answer.

Yes, I lined the garage with polythene to keep the dust/flies out and the paint fumes in so as not to annoy the neighbours.  I'd love to have it painted professionally but I would be looking at $4,000 minimum and I just don't have that sort of spare money in one hit.  To be honest I enjoy the hands-on aspect too much to let anyone else work on it.  I'm a "hands on" practical guy, but I have a work as Product Development Manager for a cable connector & accessories company so I don't get to use my hands at work and I look forward to engineering & metal work when I get home.

Thanks for the positive words, appreciated.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Limey57

Now spending every spare minute bolting bits back on!  The window mechanisms and lock assemblies were a test of patience but I won in the end.  The wheels need repainting the right shade of blue and I still need to paint the front fenders & hood, but for the next few weeks I'm having a break from bodywork and trying to make some space in the garage by emptying the storage boxes of parts and getting them back on the Ranchero.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

pepfalcon

very nice ranchero. i like the colors.

Limey57

Dragged it outside today to wash it, even though it's covered up in the garage dust still gets everywhere.  I seem to be spending every day cleaning and painting endless bits, pieces & brackets, but the pile of parts is now reducing!

Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

It's a never ending line of little stuff...You're getting there though. That Ranchero is gonna be awesome when it's all buttoned up...never mind what you started with.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Looks great Gary, keep up the good work and supplying us with the progress shots.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jseth83

She's looking good!  Nice work!
57 wagon, sedan, and TBird 
67 Mustang

Jeff Norwell

Outstanding work Gary
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Limey57

Thanks, as soon as it stops raining I'll push it outside and take some update photos.  Just fitting the front fenders at the minute, while having bolt-on panels make restoration easier they sure do make lining them all up hard work.......

Just fitted the tailgate, currently trying to source a decent handle.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

This car is incredible.  It is hard to believe it is the same car, outstanding work, Gary.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

A few more bits done, aligning the front end has been a challenge!  The lop-sided smile is because the bumper is still loose.

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

2 thumbs up Gary!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

lalessi1

Beautiful job, incredible results, gorgeous car, sir!!!
Lynn