News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dearborn Classics Must Be Gone

Started by Mark, 2011-04-15 10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I have a 57 Fairlane I also have a 64 Galaxie that I've been working on for over 10 years.  I have been a very good customer for many of the parts vendors. In December 2010 I ordered an interior kit for my Galaxie, the driver side armrest was back ordered, they told me that it would be shipped as soon as it came in.  Called back in February 2011 they told me they expected it be shipped in March, now in April they tell me it's not going to ship that it is no longer available after they have sold me everything else for the interior including the three other armrests.  Word to the wise...make sure they have everything you want to order in stock and can ship immediately otherwise be very leery.  Very disappointed to spend that much money on a complete interior only to find they cannot supply a complete interior as specified.  Bait and switch?????  What really irks me is they keep sending me emails of their specials and sales just like the one I received in December!!!  I spent $1,600.00, I would have rather spent it elsewhere on a company who could deliver what they promise.

Partsman

Check a prior post about Dearborn Classics.  They sold out to Eckerts in Florida and have moved all operations there.  Not the original owner or personell who were here in Oregon.  They probably don't care what you spent in the past.  Really too bad as they will probably loose many customers with this kind of attitude.

Frankenstein57

I just received my door gaskets, window seals, and other miscelaneous parts from them. It was a positive transaction, and they gave me 15% off. Sorry to hear of your experience. Mark