News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by burns, 2011-05-03 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

burns

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have just purchased a 1957 Mercury Meteor Rideau 500, 2dr,post. It has been transformed into a gasser in the early 70's and now includes a straight axle and 427 medium riser power. it has a complete fiberglass flip front end along with your typical gasser attributes. trans is a C6 with 5000 convertor followed by a 9" w/4.88 gear and detroit locker. The car was last on the road in 1985. I will be trying to have it road worthy to make it to the Good Guys event in Columbus Ohio in July. I will post up some pictures as soon as I get it out of the trailer. I am located in southern Ontario, just outside Elora.
Thanks for the great site!
regards, Mark Burns.

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the site Mark...it's nice to have another Canadian friend...we're getting quite a few. We're looking forward to seeing some pics.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Mark,
    Welcome to the site. Are you making this car road worthy or intending to use it drag racing. If you're making it road worthy you've got a lot of work ahead of you. If you're using it to drag race it sounds like you just need to add gas. LOL Welcome, we've got an answer to any question you may have. It may not be the right answer but we won't leave you hanging. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Zapato

Having just recently been introduced to Rideau 500s am awaiting pictures. Tri-color or not? Meteors have always fascinated me much like the Canadian Mercury trucks a north of the border over the top (at times) trim package strictly for the Canadian market. I searched for years for a 51 Meteor grille for my 51 ford coupe, and just about given up when one came my way. The 57 package is much more involved and the design combination of the ford/merc grilles we're used to are really striking not to mention rare.

Anyway, welcome and as someone else said we'll always offer an answer right or wrong. And opinions well that's another whole conversation.

Stick around you will like it here.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Welcome....need pics....glad you found the site.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

burns

thanks guys, I am sure I will have lots of questions as the car progresses. I am trying to get it road worthy for the July show. will get some pictures up in the next couple days.

Rideau 500

Welcome to the site. With just 648 of that model produced my vote is return it to original. Hope it is fairly complete, the Meteor stuff is getting hard to find. Larry

burns

it would need a complete front clip (firewall forward) I take it you have one also by your signature?

wildhog

Burns if you are willing to travel to Columbus, come join us ovet the labor day weekend for the y-block and 57 Ford shoot out at National trails Dragway in Columbus. We have a great time. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

burns

Quote from: wildhog on 2011-05-04 14:22
Burns if you are willing to travel to Columbus, come join us ovet the labor day weekend for the y-block and 57 Ford shoot out at National trails Dragway in Columbus. We have a great time. Tom

That may happen, I had read about it in the events page. Looks to be fun!

burns

finally out of the trailer!

JPotter57

Cool...I like the wheels.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

Looks good. No reason a straight axle can't be driven on the street :004:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Looks pretty solid!  Nice start....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

burns

Thanks, I hope to get it running in the next couple weeks. I am picking up a back seat from Lou in Connecticut this Friday so that is one less thing I will need. I am having the new back tires mounted today so then it will have the aluminum slots out back as well. I have to start going through all the boxes to see what all is there.
I need some help with the trunk lock but will post in the tech section.