News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for a 292, complete and some other stuff....

Started by JPotter57, 2011-05-26 11:03

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Would like to find a runner, late 292, manual bellhousing, preferably truck for 11 in or larger flywheel.  Also, looking for a set of good rebuildable G heads, or even a set of C1 heads, and here is the biggie....I want a 312 crank and maybe rods, may use aftermarket rods instead, depends on the budget.  Glen has totally got me thinking about a 338, sounds wickedly fun.  The closer to the Mississippi Gulf Coast area the better for me, but will travel for a good deal.  Make me a bargain, fellows, I'm looking to get started this fall on this project.  Until then, I will prob troll along with my 351C.  Thanks,  J :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

James I am going to pick up a 60 Ford 2 dr wagon (you may know of him, a HAMBer) that has a later truck 292/3speed in it.  I think the 3 speed is the car transmission but do know the engine came out of a mid mile 64 1/2 ton.  I am going to go later model with this car so the engine and trans will be available.  He says the engine is a good runner and he went through replacing the gaskets and oil pump.  I will be back in town the end of June with it.  PM me an offer, no idea as I have not followed the Y-block pricing.  (I'm an EFI and FE type).
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II