News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Spare Tire Wheel Tub

Started by fordaholic, 2011-08-07 09:22

Previous topic - Next topic

fordaholic

Can anyone out there help me out? Looking for a decent spare tire wheel tub for a 57 custom. Mine is like swiss cheese on the bottom. Thanks  Gary

Ford Blue blood

EMS sells one for a 49 - 50 Ford?  Don't remember for sure, looks pretty close and should do the job.  There is a thread here that discussed the spare tub a few months ago....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fordaholic

Hey thanks  Blue Blood! If I can`t find a good used correct one, that`t what I will do.I didn`t know that they were similar. I was kinda stalling till that Norwell Equipted guy got his car up here to Ontario from Texas. I thought maybe,( while he was under the hood preping that bad a** FE he is planing ), that I could get in the trunk and help myself. Just kiding Jeff. Give you a call this week.  Gary

wildhog

Gary, I have a dry 58 from out west, about 30 miles from the house at a friends farm, the well was perfect when I set it out there about 5 years ago. I will try to get out next week and see how good it is. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

fordaholic

Tom that would be fantastic!! I am trying to do this car rite . Not a lot of  business coupe`s up here in Canada. At least not to my knowledge. I will wait to from you.   Cheers  Gary

wildhog

Gary, The spare tire well is gone, my friend cut the back of the car off to make a love seat out of it. sorry Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

fordaholic

Tom; I thank you very much for trying.  Cheers Gary