News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New Zealand Custom 300

Started by sonias57, 2011-09-15 22:52

Previous topic - Next topic

sonias57

Hi, we've nearly finished our Custom 300 and are trying to locate the rear quarter glass rubbers ( so far unsucessfully). Can anyone help with who might have them or if anyone by chance may have a nice pair lying around. I think the Ford number is B7A 7029905PR ? Thanks Jeff and Sonia

RICH MUISE

Sonia/Jeff...You didn't say whether it was a 2 door or 4 door....2 door should be no problem. Dennis Carpenter is probably you're best shot. They're website is listed in our "supplier links" thread. Most of the other major suppliers carry what Dennis Carpenter makes..Classic Auto Parts, Concourse, etc.
If it's a four door you're working on, I honestly don't know for sure, but you may have a problem finding what you need...maybe some of the 4 dr owners can input some info.
Most of the guys use Dennis Carpenter, but there is another big manufacturer called "Steele Rubber". I haven't looked at their stuff for years and haven't heard of too many guys getting their seals there...not sure why... but you might check them out for anything Carpenter doesn't make.
G'day!  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

OK...while I was having my second cup of coffee this morning I realized most everything I told you above was a waste of time...Since you are looking for a seal ("rubber")..you obviously don't have a 2 door ( I don't think they made business coupes that use seals instead of channels, in the 300 model you said you had).
I think a few months ago someone else was also looking for the seal for the little glass...with no luck....maybe they came up with a solution.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

sonias57

Thanks Rich, yes it's a Fordor. NZ assembled RHD, probably pretty rare in the scheme of things. Even if I could find a reasonable one for a pattern I would probably look at getting some made.
Cheers
Jeff