News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Instrument panel removal

Started by ROKuberski, 2011-09-27 15:07

Previous topic - Next topic

ROKuberski

I need to remove my instrument panel for several reasons.  The service manual indicated that it comes out from the front, but they don't give details.  I removed the screws from the cover on the shift position indicator and the two screws on the trim piece over the top of the speedemeter readout.  Nothing is loose, so I am pretty sure that there are fasteners inside, right?

Anyone with experience doing this please give a few hard earned clues.

Thanks,

Rich

Ford Blue blood

Yup, gotta go behind that bad boy.....I think 4 nuts, might be 6 hold it from behind as well as the three screws up front.  They are on the side and bottom of the cluster and a real pain if that thing has been messed with over the years.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

ROKuberski

Bill,

Thanks for the rapid reply.  It's got to happen, so I guess I can get my hammer and pry bar and go after it.

If you didn't live so far away, I'd invite you over for supper and beer (or 2) and we could get it out of there.

Rich

Ford Blue blood

Rich I am just a big ol fat boy that really fills up the floor boards, some one with smaller hands wouldn't have as much trouble as I.  I have had a beer on every continent except Antartica (promoted out of a job down there) so I might just take you up on that!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

And when you do, stop in and see me on the way...Amarillo's got to be on the way to Denver from your place!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Any of you guys near Wisconsin at any time are always welcome. Several cold ones with your name on them. Before they start flinging salt on the roads, I have to get down to Illinois to see Tom (wildhog), see his fine fleet of 57's, and down the road 15 minutes to see Joe (amblwagons) 57.  Mark