News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

end of season

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-10-06 07:55

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

well we have 1 more car show & its over for me for this year,   now i can just sit back and think of what more i can do,  what troubles i'll make for myself,   i guess with the nice weather we're supposed to have i could polish the cars,   to me autumn is the best time here in michigan,  the colors and the paint jobs seem to go together,  car runs good,  gas is getting cheaper,  and of course talking to  my friends here on the forum,    just a few of my thoughts,    jerry

JimNolan

Jerry,
    The troubles we'll continue to make for ourselves. Knowledge is a continuous effort we place on ourselves that will never be completely accomplished. As far as the seasons changing, I too look forward to that. I feel fortunate to know you even if it is through a forum. You seem like a very nice person that knows what is really important in his life. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

I really miss the New England fall weather that I grew up with. It's a great time of the year, but unfortunatly usually too short though.  Gerald..I gotta ask..why the name "chainsaw"? You don't run around at night with a hockey mask on do you? LOL.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Jerry, one of the things on my to do list: Drive the ranchero up to Manitowoc, take the car ferry across the lake , drive over to Detroit and see the Henry Ford museum, ford plant, and all that stuff. Perhaps we could meet, doesn't hurt to know a local in that town.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

Mark you should look at doing it now.  As fall comes the turning is out of this world up there and the ferry ride to Drumond Island is cool too!  Then come back and hit the "Big bridge" from the UP then down to the Motor City......just a couple of trips in the area over the years...
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

geraldchainsaw

ok,   i'll try to make this short,   the name chainsaw is from  my house working repairs,   before i could afford AC i put in a attic fan (30") in the second floor,   and to make it quick i went up into one of the rooms closet and marked off a 30" sq and proceeded to cut the hole out with a chain saw, thru the aluminum siding and wood,  all i had to do was push out the big sq and i was done,  told some guys at work what i had ddone,  and got the name chainsaw,  the hole worked out great a little outside trim work and i was finished, alot of my friends houghtt it was kinda morbid, but its a name no one forgets, and then to,  alot of people that don't know me always delete things i send.      that was before i got all my faness and started working on cars,  now to mARK,  I'm only 5 miles from henry ford museum greenfield village,    any time,          jerry

F570RD

This Fall cruising is alot of fun.Went down to the yard I got the car out of in 74.A little town of Vermillion Mn.30 mile south of Minneapolis.First time in 23 years the car has been on the property.Gave my Buddy's grankids 6 & 8 years old a ride.They thought it was cool to hang on to the roll bar.Colours here are kind'a brown with the driest September on record.

iamflashman

It is finally cooling off enough to drive our old cars down here in TX.  This summer was brutally hot and dry.

I actually was able to drive my ragtop to work which is nice to do every once in a while.
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___