News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone recognize this bracket?

Started by Frankenstein57, 2011-11-23 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

My friend is restoring a custom 300 he bought from Phoenix, He is 71 so sometimes he forgets where he took stuff apart. I have never seen one before, we think it may be a regional part for hot weather. Maybe a heat shield. A guy who was a ford mechanic years ago, thought it was a stone shield for the glass bowl on the fuel pump. But it doesn't seem to fit there. He said the bolts suggest it may go onto the bell housing. This guy was a legend in area dirt track racing in the 60's and 70's, He raced 57 & 58 fords with 406's and sometimes a 312. He won 23 consecutive track championships, and 7 area championships between 3 tracks.I used to idolize him when I was a kid, now he comes by me for advice or to check out my rancheros, kind of neat.  Thanks, Mark

JimNolan

Mark,
   Look around the battery box. I've had two guys bring weird looking parts like that to me and they ended up being some part of the battery box. I went out and looked at my 500 and didn't see one like it but they might have something different on a 300. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Hoosier Hurricane

T-Birds use a piece that looks a lot like that.  It bolts to the bellhousing on the left side to divert slush and ice from the transmission kickdown linkage at the transmission.   John