SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA - LABOR DAY CRUISE SEPTEMBER 1 - 3, 2007

Started by 57AGIN, 2007-06-22 16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

All 57 Ford Owners:

This coming Labor Day weekend, September 1st to 3rd, The Great Labor Day Cruise XXV will be held at the Orange County Fairgrounds.  We were able to make arrangements for another special display of 1957 Fords.  The Orange County Fairgrounds Labor Day Cruise is a 3- day event with literally thousands of cars of all makes/models and types on display and cruising endlessly on a route throughout the many acres of the car show portion of the Fairgrounds.  Our 57's will be parked all together in the breeze way between a couple of the vendor buildings.  Sorry I wasn't able to get indoor air-conditioned parking, but the place we will be parked is where all the Trophy Winners will be parked and displayed on Monday, September 3, 2007.  The arrangement requires parking your 57 on Friday August 31, 2007, the day before the show begins and leaving the vehicle parked until Sunday evening September 2, 2007.  The vehicles will be guarded at all hours and car covers are suggested (my suggestion).  Obviously, the more 57's we can display the bigger the impact on the brand X makes.  From what I've been told, we will be the only single year make of cars displayed, as most other clubs and car makes do a number of years, i.e., Tri-five's, GTO's 64-72, 442's, etc.  The cost for this show is $50, but it includes entry into the show for all three days for the driver and a guest, children under 12 are free.  Camping sites are available for additional charge.  The host hotel, Embassy Suites Hotel, has special rates for registrants and provides shuttle services between the hotel and the fairgrounds, so you long distance 57 owners can get around without difficulty.   Anyone interested please contact me and I send you a downloadable flier/registration form.  If you have additional questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them or get the answers for you.

I hope a good number of you can make it to this event, it is a really great opportunity to all park together and share specifics about our rides with one another.  Please let me know if you are interested, as I need to let the show organizers know how many spaces we will be occupying.  It would be great if we could get 25 or 30 of our 57's displayed.  I hope we can do it, as the 50th Anniversary year of our cars is a good time to show them off.

Bob
57AGIN