News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ranchero sheet metal

Started by shopratwoody, 2012-01-28 17:51

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Car got wrecked going to GNRS. Need left side from door back, rear also lower panel
and tailgate (the works)
Maybe a parts car or whatever.
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

Oh crap.  Man, I hate to hear that Ron...hope you find what you need...Check with Ranchero king..I know he passed, but his wife was still running the business, plus she is a member on here.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

That really bites the big one Ron...sorry to hear that. Yesterday I had told my wife about Bob telling me it would be nice for me to do a few Socal shows with him and Rick, and the first thing I thought about was driving my '57 in LA traffic. I told her I'd probably have to sneak in at 3 in the morning and hope the traffic wasn't too bad.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KidKourier

Ron,   Try craigslist--Inland Empire-- there's 4 Rancheros on there ranging from $1000 to $8500. The one for $1000 was wrecked,front passanger fender gone but from door back to taillite looks good,is in Ontario,shows pics.The $8500 one is 3 miles from me and the owner has been dropping his price,looks good(red/white)Says no driveshaft but is running a chevy 350/350,probably why he can't sell it, has pics also! Hope this helps.  PS. How's your Daughter and Son-in-law,they all right?  KID

57AGIN

Ron:

What an absolute bummer.  I hope everyone involved wasn't injured.  I know you loved the car and have had it for many years and used it both on the street and strip.  I don't know what I'd do or how I'd feel if my Custom 300 got damaged.  It is both odd and funny how these vehicles become a part of our family, lives and dreams.  Hang in there and good luck in locating the parts you need.  You might also want to check with Steve Pierce in Twenty Nine Palms or Bud Kohler up in the Hesperia area.

Bob
57 AGIN

Frankenstein57

Ron , sorry to hear about your ride. When I cut up my brothers ranchero I saved complete quarters, roof. The lower quarters would need replacing, but I saved the fins for this very reason. This stuff is Midwest quality, not what you are used to -let me know if I can help.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

Ron that is a real bummer.  More block sanding.......I know how you feel, my 36 was rear ended, (wife driving, I was at sea), by some kid showing off.  Insurance company did well with replacement parts but would only pay me for half the manhours allowed for the repairs.  Was told "I am not a professional", well no, but time is time, so what if it takes me longer, you're only paying what a shop would charge?  Hope the "hitter" had good insurance!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

shopratwoody

Thanks for the replies Guys. No one was hurt badly. I'll get some pics. For now I hate to look at it.
It'll all workout in time.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

KidKourier

Ron, Sent you a PM  KID

briney

Ron,

Here is some pretty good metal down here in TX.. I hope you're OK.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2813382257.html

Thanks,

Patrick / Dallas  :unitedstates:
If it won't fit, force it.
If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

RICH MUISE

Ron...can't believe I forgot about this. When I was at Antique Auto Supply in Arlington (Dallas/fw area) about 6 months ago, the owner was telling me about a parts warehouse he had just bought out and was trying to sort out...one of the things he talked about was  a set of pristine,complete rear quarters from the doors back for a '57 Ranchero. Their contact info is on our links list..the second one....ask for the owner and refresh his memory about what I told you. I think he said around 600 per quarter.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

Thanks Rich,
Waiting for ins to get it figured out.
I hate blocksanding!

Meteorman

Ron found 2 wrecked rancheros @  www.dvap.com   
good luck Harold

shopratwoody

Thanks Harold,
We've located and acquired some of the parts. Most of them actually. The Guy (Randy) that's gonna
fix the car got the qtr panel, rear end pieces,  and brackets from Steve Pierce in 29 palms.
Met Randy 25 or so yrs ago at the Drags in Bakersfield. He had a 59 Ranchero that
ran 175 mph at 8:91. :burnout:
My kind of people. Anyway thanks for all the help and hopefully it'll get started on soon.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

Lou

Shopratwoody, you ranchero should go on a frame machine for a rear pull, from the pictures I see the body is pushed foward (check gap at drivers door) and the left frame rail looks pushed slightly foward and down. In most cases when the frame is pulled the body (1/4 panel) will come with it.
I may be wrong about the frame but it easy to check with a crisscross measurement between the transmission mount and the 3rd crossmember, they should be the same within a 1/4 of an inch. The frame specifications are on page 49 of the 1957 Ford car-truck service specifications booklet.