News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

need options/opinions on a muffler/exhaust setup...

Started by meteor, 2007-07-18 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic

smurfee

METERO, the nice thing about FLOWMASTER besides the sound, they have so many sizes of mufflers & pipes you figure where you want them to sit under your ride & what direction you want the exhaust pipes to go & they will match your needs, the price is really good & I have over 50,000 miles on them & they sound as good as when new - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

meteor

Geez, I wish I could get an audio sample of each of your cars!

Let's say I'm running the shorty headers and a 2" exhaust pipe, where is the best placement (on a 57 ford of course) for the mufflers to go? I've read stuff about them being close to the headers for better sound (louder?) and some guys run them at the rear...

Also, when it comes to the Smitty's, Brockman's etc. I noticed that they come in different sizes - what does the difference in length do? and is there a restriction on what length will fit under a 57?

Thanks guys for all the info!

Matt
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Marc

Regarding the Smitty's, I don't know how much the different lengths affect the sound. I'm sure there is a difference, but I just went with the length closest to that of the original muffler to avoid having to screw around with the whole exhaust system.