News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

headers

Started by JIS, 2012-02-05 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JIS

i need headers for 57 fairlane with fe engine fenderwell or reg. will not be street driven

shopratwoody

Customn made are always the best. FPA, or Crites make some. FPA has a short one also.
FPA quality is good.
I edited this post. I like the FPA shorties for street the best.
I hate blocksanding!

suede57ford

The ones from Stan at FPA are great quality and work well.  We have used the on numerous FE '57 Ford builds.   You must put a little spacer under the passenger motor mount or add a notch to the crossmember.   They have no ground clearance issues like the crites.  Crites may be better for an all out drag car but they go under the control arms and kill the ground clearance.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

That's why I didnt want to use the Crites headers on my last car, before I swapped to the Windsor stroker.  Not sure if any of you guys remember or not, but my last Custom started out with a real 62 Galaxie 406 3X2V and 4 speed.  The headers would have been great had I not lowered the car so much.  The exhaust exited straight into the crossmember.  I eventually remedied that by modifiying the crossmember with one from a late 80's Lincoln Towncar.  It had dual humps for dual exhausts, cleared everything fine.  I eventually sold that 406 and 4 speed for a LOT more than I had in it, but to this day, is the engine I wish I had back the most of all that I have had.  My stroker Windsor made a ton more power, but the 406 dressed out just looked right in there.  Ahh, memories...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Nothing prettier then a pent roof valve cover/tri power FE....that's why mine is still in the attic despit being offered obscene amounts of money for it!!!!!!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

Quote from: JIS on 2012-02-05 09:57
i need headers for 57 fairlane with fe engine fenderwell or reg. will not be street driven
Nothing against all the other suggestions...just another one.  Sandersons.  The picture is of a set for 460 but you get the idea.

Then if you really want to go wild...

One more set...these are Maddog Headers custom...nice but pricey!!

JIS

would like to find used pair if anyone has any