News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Alright guys I'm buying the 460 very soon.

Started by Custom300Madman, 2012-02-06 22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom300Madman

Will an electric water pump help with clearing the stock rad? Debating on crates because everyone says it takes ages to get your parts. The 460 is said to be a 73 from a Lincoln. So the plan is headers, alum intake recur ing distributor and going with a different timing chain. The 312 is still in the garage so I'll need to make some room and buy an engine stand. I'm getting excited to have her running soon!

Keith
1957 Ford Custom 300 Fourdoor, with factory 312 yblock

shopratwoody

Maybe keep your eye open for some 70-71 heads. (IMO). I run a Comp 280 Hyd with screw in studs and
adj rockers w/guideplates. smith bros pushrods and a Wiend Stealth Manifold and Holley. Runs good for
a street car. I just run a stock waterpump. My car was a 6 orig. I don't even remeber which core support
is in it. Must be one for a six, cause everything fits. I used Crites mounts and crossmember with the FPA
short headers.
Have fun :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

Custom300Madman

how much was the drive shaft to have lengthened or cut down?

F570RD

" I used Crites mounts and crossmember with the FPA
short headers".These three items work well for an easy install.Look through the past posts(search) and you'll be fine.

Custom300Madman

Quote from: F570RD on 2012-02-07 14:43
" I used Crites mounts and crossmember with the FPA
short headers".These three items work well for an easy install.Look through the past posts(search) and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I have been using our site here, HAMB/Jalopy Journal, and 460Ford.com

Custom300Madman

I just hung up with crites. It's 2 weeks on the engine mounts, and three weeks for headers if I went through them rather than fpa. The c6 requires a trans cooler correct? So then if I need a rad and trans cooler from them then the total should be around a thousand. Without 460/c6 costs.

Custom300Madman

The 460 fell through. the guy seemed shady, an wouldn't voch for te transmission or the integrity of the block. I may be making a smarter-more costly decision in the long run by sticking with the 312 original motor.

Jerrys Kars

Custom300Madman, I have a 73 Merc 429 with 50k mi on it. Also have set DOVE heads I will sell as a package with engine.
540-622-3560
Jerry