News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Motor Trend Classic magazine

Started by 57tudor, 2012-02-23 21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

57tudor

Hi Guys & Gals.

I received an email from John Clinard with Ford Motor Company Communications. He is on our Fabulous Fords Forever committee. Below is the email, if anyone can help out please contact John.

Thanks
Rick
57 Tudor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rick,
I hope all?s well with you.

I received a request last night from Motor Trend Classic magazine ? they are looking for a ?57 ? ?59 Ranchero, stock and in good condition, for a story they want to write.  Looking for one here in Southern California, or in Michigan ? preferably here.  I think it will be a comparison story with an El Camino.

Do you know of a good Ranchero that might be available?  They want it sometime in March.

Thanks!

John Clinard
Ford Motor Company Communications
3 Glen Bell Way, Suite 120
Irvine, CA 92618-3334
949-242-6677
cell 949-923-8717

57AGIN

Now that Shopratwoody's Ranchero is temporarily out of commission, the only really good Ranchero I can think of is a black F-code that was one of the  featured display vehicles at the 2007 Knott's Fabulous Fords Forever show.  It belongs to the original owner Pete McCarroll.  I think he lives somewhere in the South Bay or Torrance.  I'll contact John Clinard tomorrow with the last information I have.  Since his 57 is a 312 Y-block with an original Paxton-McCulloch supercharger it might make a very good comparison car to an El Camino.  John may be able to get better address information from Ford Car Club Council President Morales, as he did the signage used in front of the car when it was displayed.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

That would be a good choice Bob. It was for sale last year, don't know if he still
has it. I think about 40,000 if I remember right.
I hate blocksanding!