News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Heater Hose Routing

Started by JimNolan, 2012-03-01 09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

I found a picture of the heat box. I can't believe I forgot how it was hooked up. I'm getting old guys. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

ROKuberski

I don't think either one of your drawings are correct.

Go here.  http://concoursparts.com/pic/pdfcatalogs-file7.pdf  page 117, this shows how the heater is to be set up.

My car had factory air and then someone replaced the heater/air conditioner unit with a factory heater unit.  I have to figure it out too.  My core did not have the valve in it, hot water ran through it all the time and I was "cooked" in the car the first time I drove it.  I found an inline heater valve on eBay for use on 5/8" hose, bought a control cable and connected it to the  control unit on the dash and it works fine.  In the off position, no water flows through the core.  It is not the way Ford designed it, but I did not want to buy all the parts to make my heater work the way it was set up at the factory.  There are a lot of parts involved.  My installation is very simple and it works.

Rich

JimNolan

Rich,
   That's the way I use mine. I bought a longer cable and connected it to the dash control just like the original but it goes to the control valve in the 5/8" entry radiator hose. My heater core is welded up to just have an inlet and outlet with the factory valve not used. Today I installed a shutoff valve coming out of the carb spacer. That will discontinue the hot water recirculating close to the outlet on the heater core. I think the reason my heater core stayed hot was because I had this hot water so close to that outlet. With the outlet being the top hose, the heater core never looses its water. So with the Y connection I had (hose coming from the carb spacer being 3" from that outlet), it had to be heating up water inside the heater core. I'll try it and see what happens this summer. The winter's OK, I'll just leave the shutoff valve open during the winter. Jim

ROKuberski

While we are talking about heater systems, I have a question about the vent system.

See http://concoursparts.com/pic/pdfcatalogs-file7.pdf  page 122.

I bought all the rubber parts to seal up my vent system, but I have one part that I bought that I can't figure out exactly where/how to install.  It is B7A-7001852.  I have the B7A-7001998B on the end of the short oval duct and that seems to seal fine between the duct and the oval hole in the firewall.  I also put new rubber on the flapper valve that is controlled by the cable from the dash.  I don't see what the ...1852 rubber does.  Any hints?

Rich

JimNolan

Mine only has one big seal, not two. It's a b____ getting it to mate up properly too. Jim I'd hate to put two at that spot.