News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Motor Trend Looking for "Stock" Ranchero"

Started by 57AGIN, 2012-03-04 17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Guys:

Yesterday at the Ford Car Club Council meeting Mr. John Clinard, the Ford Motor Company representative to the Ford Car Club Council announced that Motor Trend Magazine is seeking a 'stock" Ford Ranchero '57 to '59 to do a comparison article about the Ford product and the Chevy El Camino.  All the Ranchero owners I have contacted out here in So. Cal. have made modifications to their cars, engines, roll bars, etc.  If you have or know of a "stock" '57 Ranchero whose owner would like to have his/her car featured in a Motor Trend article please let me know and I will put you or whomever in touch with Mr. Clinard of Ford Motor Company.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

Bob,   Check photos on craigslist-Inland Empire--Cars/Trucks-1957Ford. Last time I saw this Ranchero it was owned by a guy from Murrietta or Canyon Lake but now posted in Chino.No name on add(for sale $28,000)full on Pro resto,almost a Amos Minter 100 pointer,and I believe in a couple of magazines and might be interested,exposer could help sell his car maybe? anyways---(951)323-4212-Might even bring it to Knotts.KID

57AGIN

Kid:

Thanks, I've phoned the individual and left a message.  I looked at the car on the Craigslist posting.  $27,000 is pretty good money, but the car does look great and would be a good magazine article car.

By-the-way, will you be coming out to Knott's this year.  Sure would like to see that Courier of yours beside Rick's, Bill Sawyer's and my 57.

Bob
57 AGIN

KidKourier

Just picked up the registration form today so I'll be there,just hate driving the 91 freeway,such a pain in the butt!!!Besides,need a few more '57's,them there Mustangs are growing like weeds--LOL!Enjoying your Custom 300 rebuild series--"SWEEET",hope you have her together for Knotts!!! KID

57AGIN

Kid:

My 57 will be there, by hook or by crook.  By the way, if you would like to get into the show before the gates open, you could "volunteer" to be a "parker" (helping to direct participants to their proper parking area) like Rick and I do.  The only drawback is that the "parker's" have to show up about an hour before the gates are to open to get directions on what to do, an orange vest, a radio and most important a donut & coffee. lol  The Ford Car Club Council wants each of the participating clubs to provide "parker's" to get the cars into the show with minimum delays.  57 Fords International is usually able to supply a full complement (5) of "parker's," but this year we're coming up a little short.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll make the arrangements.  It is kind of nice, as you are able to park your car in the best possible space in the area set aside for 49 to 59 Fords and next to other 57 Ford owner "parker's."

Bob
57 AGIN