News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 buugy

Started by 57CustomBuggy, 2012-04-05 21:09

Previous topic - Next topic

57CustomBuggy

Well, this is going to be an unusual post but here goes.  Wish I had some pics to post.  I'm looking at a '57 galaxie wagon that was converted into almost like a dune buggy.  I'd say it is a cross between a buggy and rat rod.  Its a 351W with FMX transmission.  Open engine bay and has a custom made canopy.  I would want to addpower steering and power brakes if It buy it.  Has anyone done a power brake swap on a 57 galaxie wagon?  Are the other 57 models fairly similar?  Are there any kits that anyone used or is it better to get various parts?  Same questions regarding power steering.   I am a newbie and this will be my first project.  Thanks in advance.

Frankenstein57

I could be wrong on this, but I thought the galaxie name started in the 60's. As far as power steering, you have about three options. Find a stock setup in good or rebuild condition.A rack and pinion conversion kit, or a 605 saginaw gm box. If you do a search in this clubs back posts you should find plenty of info on these topics. Power dual master cylinders are available for about $200.   Mark

RICH MUISE

'57 buggy..welcome to the forum. I'll add the "new" Borggeson power steering box to the choices Mark gave you. Also I think "Galaxie" came about in '59.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-04-07 11:35
Also I think "Galaxie" came about in '59.
Rich

YUP, 59 was the first year for "Galaxie".
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II