News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

small parts to finnish

Started by wildhog, 2012-04-22 00:59

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

after a number of years, I am going to get the Ranchero on the road. A few pieces that are lost in that cave I call a garage. I need the L.H. small angle-T shaped bracket that goes on the top of the inner fender to the radiator support. the hook that holds the hood closed, also the tin angle bracket that the safty hook cathes in. Also looking for the steering shaft out of a 58,can be cut off right at top of gear, I only need the shaft. Also would like to find a hood release out of a 59 Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

Tom, I'll look in my junk, I should have the hood catch. As you know I dragged home a 58 ranchero cadaver. I tried swapping the horn parts over to my car, that's when I discovered my 58 has a 57 steering box in it. Looks just like a 57 box I have in the barn, then after looking at the 58 box it became obvious. I'm wrapping up my interior and have purchased a new carpet for the car, so its a good time to swap the box out. There seems to be lots of interest in this swap, so if this test post works out I can do a thread on the swap. I wonder if someone put this into this car, or if ford was using up 57 parts during assembly. The steering has a bit of play in it that won't adjust out, the donor car is tight so this is working out to have a happy ending,  Mark

glen b henderson

Tom, I know that I have the core support bracket and I think I have the hood latch bracket. Send me your address and I'll get them to you.
Freedom is not Free

wildhog

Thanks Glen and Mark. Glen my address is.
Tom Drummond
13638 Annulet Dr.
Rockton Il. 61072
Ph.815-871-8017
Mark, Are you going to Jefferson this weekend, call my cell and we will meet up. Thanks again

glen b henderson

OK Tom, I'll send it too you.
Freedom is not Free

wildhog

Thanks Glen, Let me know what I owe you. Tom

Frankenstein57

Tom, not sure about Jefferson, that's one swap meet that can be a waste of time unless you need parts for your 85 blazer. Are you selling or just looking? Maybe I'll go see if I can find a deal on a set of wheels. I did find a hood latch if glen doesn't have one. Just got home from cutting up the 58 cadaver, took the steering box and column, drivers side quarter panel, tailgate. I previously took the dash, wiper cowl,wiper linkage, trim, and whatever goodies I could save. We burned off all the body mount biscuits, and yanked the remainder of the body from the frame, which we are saving. Man I'm tired.  Mark

Ford Blue blood

I found Jefferson frustrating because there is no ryme or reason for the way things are laid out.  No map and the vendors are all over the place.  They do have lots of "stuff", mostly GM, a fair amount of Ford stuff with a spattering of Chrysler and others.  They did have good food vendors though......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

glen b henderson

I mailed them out this morning Tom, just consider it a contribution to the project. I may need something one day.
Freedom is not Free

Frankenstein57

Got the deal of the day at Jefferson, my friend called and said he's looking at a nos 58 hood scoop, with lens and gasket. $75 bucks. I said hell yes. He offers $60 and gets it. I didn't have to walk around all day.  Mark

RICH MUISE

nice find. My deal at Fort worth was a hundred packages of CHROME misc hardware for 25 bucks. Acorn nuts, bolts, spacers, etc.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

Glen, Recived the rad. brackets today. Thanks for the help. Tom