News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

HELP !! What's the best way to determine value?

Started by wg57ford, 2012-07-03 16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

wg57ford

I may have to sell my 57 Ford but have no idea what its worth.  I am willing to pay for an appraisal, but how do you find a good one?  I never kept track of prices because I never thought I'd sell the car, health issues have forced me to reconsider.  The car is a one family vehicle, my grandfather bought it in Nov. 1956 and it was my first car (1976).  It's a 64b Fairlane 500 2dr 292 Thunderbird Y-block V-8 Ford-O-Matic drive with 40,000 original miles.  The car is unrestored with it's original interior and paint.  There were some minor touch ups to the paint below gold strip and there is a little wear on the drivers seat, but the car is mostly original.  Everything under the hood, with the exception of the fuel pump and the battery is original.  It's not a show car, the rear bumper could use rechroming and there are a few small nicks and chips in the 55 year old paint job.  It runs great.  Anyone have any suggestions or an idea what it's worth?

Thanks for your help

gasman826

Get it out of the garage and take more pictures.

Frankenstein57

It looks to be a garaged car from that view, any outdoor storage or rust issues?  Mark

wg57ford

No rust issues, the car has always been garaged and stored winters (I live in Ohio).

Thanks,
Wes

Jerrys Kars

NADA Guide. But in my opinion they are a little low for 57 Fords.

Ford Blue blood

They have been all over the place value wise.  Some depends on hitting the market at the right time with the right buyer looking at the right time.  Pure chance.  Check the many listings on ebay, compare the condition of yours with those listed and what the bids go up to.  Some do not make 10K, others have gone as high as 22K and some get no bids at all.  If you want top dollar it is a crap shoot, if you want to move it quick a low to middle asking price will sell it.  Just M.H.O.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Mark

I paid $17000 for my 57 that is in about the shape your car looks to be in. Mine had 74000 miles and was well cared for. I'm the third owner, I got it from a widow whose husband  got it from the original owners widow. I found the car on E-bay classifieds where the woman told me the add was about 6-7 weeks. she was asking17 for it and that is what I paid for it. the car was her husband's toy, but I could tell it was hard for her to see it go. Did I pay too much??? I don't care ,I have the car I wanted. It,s a shame you think you must sell.          Mark

wg57ford

Thanks for the input everyone and Mark congratulations  on your purchase!  If you have even a fraction of the fun I have had with my 57 Ford you got a bargain!  The thought of having to sell mine is just killing me.  Thanks again.  Wes