News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wurth-it design

Started by wolfpupsdad, 2007-08-28 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfpupsdad

does anyone know how to get in touch with rick other then the phone # on his web site??

Ford Blue blood

Just leave a message, if his wife's medical issues have gotten bad again it will take him a while to respond, but he will respond.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wolfpupsdad

would love to leave a message , but ya can't , all the phone does is ring and ring then goes beep , beep , beep and hangs up on ya. been that way for 2 weeks now.

Ford Blue blood

Got questions?  Might be able to answer some as I have installed one of those kits and a good friend has one waiting for installation at his house.  PM me or we can talk here.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman

Not to take the Wurth-it product lightly, but why not just make your own.  Several members have had good success with the Wurth-it kit.  I have made and installed my own 'kit' and now skip the bolt-it style brackets and go to a cleaner weld-in mount.  Both methods work very well, are economical, drive nice with NO bump steer and provide clearance for any engine, header option.  Of course, there is the down side of the reduced turning radius (with fender well headers you lose turning radius anyway).  Another plus is the the rack is available at any auto parts supplier!  A touring car +++. 

Just a thought.

Take care,
gasman

cool57

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2007-09-04 14:29
Got questions?  Might be able to answer some as I have installed one of those kits and a good friend has one waiting for installation at his house.  PM me or we can talk here.

Did you lose tuming radius with Rick's kit? Rick warns against lowering more than 3" or using air suspension yet most of the "magazine" cars that feature his rack violate both "rules". Do you have any idea why Rick warns against lowering/air-ride?

cool57

Quote from: gasman on 2007-09-09 09:17
Not to take the Wurth-it product lightly, but why not just make your own.  Several members have had good success with the Wurth-it kit.  I have made and installed my own 'kit' and now skip the bolt-it style brackets and go to a cleaner weld-in mount.  Both methods work very well, are economical, drive nice with NO bump steer and provide clearance for any engine, header option.  Of course, there is the down side of the reduced turning radius (with fender well headers you lose turning radius anyway).  Another plus is the the rack is available at any auto parts supplier!  A touring car +++. 

Just a thought.

Take care,
gasman

How about posting a "how to" similar to what Briney posted regarding his brake install? It would be quite useful for people needing new steering now and can't wait for Rick to catch up with his backlog. You could post template patterns and part numbers and perhaps photos of the install.
I'm quite impressed with the ingenuity of folks that develop new sytems like yours.