News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Banned from HAMB

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-07-26 20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

xsilencex

sorry guys just trying to get a rise and feel you all out. this site rules, lots of great information and not everyone is saying thier way is the right way! the only thing i haven't liked so far is the "use the search button" comment that someone on everyone forum is always just waiting to use.

gasman826

sorry if the truth hurts but the 'search button' is a valuable tool.  Members have spent time and effort to document their hard work, research, and money to share their experiences.  This sight was created and managed to share that documentation with the world.  Members enjoy sharing but answering the same question over and over gets a little thin after a while.  Welcome to the site and continue to ask questions.

RICH MUISE

x, Gary....on the search button....this site is about 10 years old and primarily for one year of one make, with not even all models usually discussed (next to nothing on trucks, birds, etc). With that in mind the amount of times you see the "check the search feature" comment is amazingly low. Think about it...if we wern't discussing redundant questions, there would be almost no new posting at all, and this wouldn't be the great site that it is. Usually when the search feature is recommended, it's because it's referencing a particularly good thread on a subject.
On a place like the Hamb where there are so many people and an infinite amount of vehicles, the search feature is much more of a necessity than it is here. Speaking of the Hamb, and my above comment about if there were almost no new posting here...point in hand: the guy that moderates the '57 group there and has to approve my joining the "'57 social club" hasn't been on the site for 11 days.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

I am one of the handful that rarely, if ever use the search button here.  I have been here since the beginning, and have read every thread multiple times, so I pretty much know where to find something in particular.  The individual forums for each system on the cars helps too, ie electrical, brakes, suspension, etc.  Kind of like a tabbed index.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

2x57sedan

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-10-18 17:46
I've only been on the hamb a few times..never joined. When I open the thread, I just get text, no pics. Any thing I need to do, like join and view as a member to see the pics. LOL I'm not sure if I'm more anxious to see the build or his "helpers" that guys were posting about.

shes a cutie and the guy building it is a 57 fan has acouple of em
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

Tom S

Quote from: 2x57sedan on 2012-11-01 21:36shes a cutie and the guy building it is a 57 fan has acouple of em
He has a couple cuties?   :002:
That can lead to big trouble!    

Ford Blue blood

I have often wondered how folks balance more then one women, God knows I have my hands full with just one....... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

xsilencex

I completely understand your reasoning, and thank you. The search button is my absolute favorite tool and most forums i'm on I don't even post I just search.

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-11-01 08:31
x, Gary....on the search button....this site is about 10 years old and primarily for one year of one make, with not even all models usually discussed (next to nothing on trucks, birds, etc). With that in mind the amount of times you see the "check the search feature" comment is amazingly low. Think about it...if we wern't discussing redundant questions, there would be almost no new posting at all, and this wouldn't be the great site that it is. Usually when the search feature is recommended, it's because it's referencing a particularly good thread on a subject.
On a place like the Hamb where there are so many people and an infinite amount of vehicles, the search feature is much more of a necessity than it is here. Speaking of the Hamb, and my above comment about if there were almost no new posting here...point in hand: the guy that moderates the '57 group there and has to approve my joining the "'57 social club" hasn't been on the site for 11 days.

2x57sedan

Quote from: Tom S on 2012-11-01 22:16
He has a couple cuties?   :002:
That can lead to big trouble!    

umm i meant he has acouple of 57's   :002: :004: :003:  and his helper is still acutie
57 custom sedan
69mustang
72 f100

Tom S

I know what you meant  :002:, and, yes, she is.
I also know how much trouble there can be if you even try to have more than one woman.    

RULES FOR MEN TO FOLLOW FOR A HAPPY LIFE:
1. It's important to have a woman who helps at home, cooks from time to time, cleans up, and has a job.
2. It's important to have a woman who can make you laugh.
3. It's important to have a woman who you can trust, and doesn't lie to you.
4. It's important to have a woman who is good in bed, and likes to be with you.
5. It's very, very important that these four women do not find about each other.

F570RD

^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL^^^^^^^^^^^

Jeff Norwell

Ha ha .I love you guys!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I'm glad I joined this group. I've had similar experiences with those types on another none car related forum.

Something to keep in mind:
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. :002:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

pitts64

Hamb isn't so bad once you use the ignore feature. I have over 200 on my list so far.. There are some excellent builders over there..

2x57sedan

i think im on alot of ignore list's on the hamb...... its ok its just like my real life im used to it

i dont have anyone on my ignore list  by the way if i havent said im 57ford/60thunderbird over there :burnout:
57 custom sedan
69mustang
72 f100