News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Banned from HAMB

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-07-26 20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I thought that's who you were...I'm speedmaven over there, pretty much everywhere else except some older forums, where I am Stroker57Ford, haven't been on those in a while though.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

2x57sedan

yeah i knew you were speedmaven by your avatar
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

JPotter57

I hope to get a new avatar soon...paint is on the way!!!!
Old, loud, and fast.

F570RD

Speaking of avatar...dang this board is picky.I don't know how to resize as needed.

Ford Blue blood

Open your picture with paint and click on view? and keep shrinking until it will load.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

open the pic you need to resize by right clicking, then chose "open with paint" as Bill said. (If you're not seeing your complete picture, it probably needs to be resized to post here.) click on "image", then from the drop down menu  click on skew/resize.when that opens the percentage input should be highlighted. for my pics, I generally choose 25 for both height and width, then hit enter, close and save

the short description:
right click, open with paint
image, resize, 25 tab 25, enter, close save.

it takes about 30 seconds. one note of caution..the change is permanent
Opps! just realized you were asking how to resize for an avatar..I don't know! LOL that's why I don't have one.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Just keep making it smaller until it will load....if I remember correctly it took two 50% re-sizing to get it to load...maybe three, and if you ckick on the "edit" and "save as", give it a new name the original will stay the same.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

thanks Bill...lol...you know I hate having to figure stuff out on my own.

uncleaud

HAMB has never been the same since "Germ" left:)

Jeff Norwell

James..... you unfriended me from the Hamb?... I am crushed............. ha ha ha
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

LAUDY57

I think I got on the Ignore list as soon as I joined Hamb.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

JPotter57

I havent unfriended anyone from the hamb...what happened?  I especially wouldnt unfriend you of all folks Jeff..crazy Hamb...
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2013-04-14 20:41
I havent unfriended anyone from the hamb...what happened?  I especially wouldnt unfriend you of all folks Jeff..crazy Hamb...

Ahh James..I just kidding around with you.... No harm,no foul.
Look... the Hamb is a pretty specific site.... just H U G E ! ! !. I joined there when the membership was only 1500 guys... and it was a lot more ruff n tumble that today.With membership well over 6 figures and a million hits a week...the place is just huge.I see so many go there and post up there 67 chevy big block,pro street blah blah blah..and receive  and horrible response.Why would you even go there and do that?It is dedicated to a traditional hotrod and custom.Yes... you can argue the finer points.....t-5's,4 link suspensions,blah blah blah.... but if you head there with your 69 t-bird and say its a traditional custom.....brother,.. your in the wrong hood.
I(and 7 other guys) try and moderate that joint the best we can..... it's a very arduous job.....We eat more crap from people who just wanna start fights,upset and rock the boat,blah blah blah.
Some get a real kick out of being booted off that board.... like a badge of honour......Lemme tell ya.... I got stories.....From people issuing Death threats to Moderaters have to call for help on suicide threats..... And all in between.
Jeez...I keep telling people... it's just the internet..... turn it off and relax.

Just like this site...... the Charter spells out exactly what this place is all about..... Some guys like 4 doors with coyote engines, some like couriers with Y-blocks or sixes ..... all good.... but I ain't coming here to talk about hemi powered drag roadster...... just my beloved 57 ford.

I am standing off my soapbox guys. O0

RICH MUISE

Well put Jeff. I didn't realize you were a moderator there....a job I wouldn't want for sure. I've been going to the hamb for 4 or 5 months now...still trying to get a handle on it. I've only had one thread deleted (so far) and very few rude comments. I've had some really nice off-line conversations on ot stuff with some of the members.
The tough time I have figuring out the Hamb is trying to figure out what is non traditional and acceptable, and what is non-traditional and not acceptable. If you were to get really technical, I'm guessing less than 10 % of the cars that recive so much praise are actually trully "Hamb-friendly".

Jeff Norwell

Rich.... if you get a thread that gets deleted... no biggie....never take it personally at all.... heck...I have had many of my own threads deleted.... I just laugh... as for the rude comments..yes. on many sites that are large.... there are a lot of keyboard jockeys.... just ignore them.
The traditional battle will rage on forever..... everyone has a idea what it is suppose to be. And thats cool.
It's not my house... and I try to be respectful...just like here.
I just want to learn... Knowledge is power.

I have to laff..cause when I speak to real old timers....they say the only true hotrods are pre-1936.... after henry stuck headlights in the fenders..... that was then "your daddys car".... CAN YOU IMAGINE STARTING THAT FIRESTORM ON A THREAD???????? ha ha ha
Anyways..... I love THIS SITE...... ALL my dumb ass questions are always answered and I like the civility here....... and of course..... its all 57 FORD.