News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

C2C Fabrication

Started by Matt, 2012-08-14 07:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Has anyone used floor pans or body panels from C2C Fabrication.  I found them on Amazon and their prices are must lower than EMS.  I understand that you get what you pay for, but I was wondering if anyone has used them.  I read some reviews, but none that were too detailed.

Zapato

I hate to say it but with the wide variety of product and varied customer base this question might get lot better results on the HAMB. Of course as we all know answers received there need to be filtered. I'll post the question over there if you'd like.

Zap- :unitedstates:

posted it over there lets see what we can learn.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

so far its all fairly positive, I'd ask if what was wanted is in stock as only complaint so far was wait time by one person. some stuff not perfect but workable. do a search under my name and read more.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

I bought and installed '57 trunk drops.  These are fairly new to the market.  Since the shipping address is not too far from me, I though I would give them a look see (support local companies type thing).  Promptly shipped and not too expensive.  Strange...one was super made and fit great.  The other looked like a garbage truck ran over it...poor workmanship and fit.  It turned out that I only need one side...the good one.  I installed it and am very satisfied.  I kicked the other one around for awhile and then decided to contact the company.  They immediately sent me another one...no charge or return.  Great service.  Unfortunately, the replacement was no better than the first one.  I could not believe the two sides came from the same manufacturer.  One side was coated with something looking like galvanising and the other side looked like gray primer.  The good side was stamped and the bad side looked hammered and a shrinker/stretcher was used so much that the metal was ripped and shredded.  It you need '57 trunk drops, like so many other patch panels, they are much better than making them yourself.  Since their service was so good, I would take a chance on them again even at the risk of having to return the item.

Matt

Zapato-

Thanks for the help.  I really appreciate you posting the question on the other discussion board as well.

Gasman-

Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately this is my first resto, so my fabricating skills are next to nothing.  I think I may have to pay the extra amount for a better product/fit.  The price difference is massive though.  You can buy two floor pans from C2C cheaper than one from EMS.

gasman826

If you are going to experiment/save money, floor pans would be the area that I would try.  Few if anyone is going to see your floor pans.  If you are building a driver, you will coat both sides with sound, rust, and/or heat insulators and then install carpet.  True...just because no one can see it is no excuse for sub quality work, but these panels are flange, overlap, spot welded and then seam sealed.  Save the big bucks for outer surface repair panels.