News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear spring hangers

Started by quickas01, 2012-09-13 12:48

Previous topic - Next topic

quickas01

Looking for two rear 1957 ford spring hangers that are riveted to the frame rails and support the rear shackles. My vehicle is a Fairlane four door 500. I presume these fit all models.

RICH MUISE

Looking thru my pics, every '57 at DVAP in Casa Grande, Az. still had the rear springs on them...better yet, if my memory serves me correctly, they had 3 frames stacked on top of one another in the area of the '57's that I believe were '57 and '8 frames...unfortunatly didn't snap a pic of them. My guess is they won't be cheap due to the labor to get to them for removal. Make sure they don't remove them with a torch or excessive damage from grinding off the rivet heads.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

How soon do you need these,I am parting out a 58 in about a month, and could save these for you, just pay the shipping and they are yours. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

clusterbuster

Talking about rear spring hangers and shackles. The previous owner of my custom 300 4 dr reversed the rear shackles to get the California raked look.  I don't like it raised up that way. A buddy of mine said he used a bar to reverse his back in the 50's.  Anyone have any advise about getting the springs back on top of the shackles where they belong?

Lou

I've done them, get the car on a lift and with a long piece of pipe you can set the shackles back where they belong. Usually when I see this on a 55 to 64 Ford it tells me the rear springs have lost their arch.

quickas01

Thank you all for the replies, Phil

clusterbuster

Thanks Lou. Will do in the future.

suede57ford

Too bad someone stole two of our extra '57 ranchero complete rolling frames last month.   I assume they were stolen by someone who planned on taking tghem to the scrap iron dealer for some quick cash.  .A shame to waste them.   One had a factory D code Ranchero vin number on it, ans factory powersteering.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429