News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

inner fender mounting

Started by 57 imposter, 2012-11-19 18:10

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

where the inner fender mounts to the fire wall, there was originally a rubber mount. mine were so shot that I couldn't get any useable dimensions off of them. has anyone found a source for these or determined the correct dia. and thickness so they can be made? I have checked Dennis carpenter etc. but so far ,no luck.  Thanks

Ford Blue blood

Of the three 57s I have taken apart one had round pads (TX built), one had square pads (don't remember) and my Ranchero has none (San Diego).  Both the round and square pads were about 1/8" thick where they were'nt squished down.  Look at a piece of tire side wall or conveyor belt to fab replacements.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

I used a piece of a truck mudflap, no squeaking or creaking. :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

This subject was thouroughly threshed this spring but evidently not enough.

Not that this subject hasn't been beat to death but I am starting assembly.  Kind of like Christmas, I'm getting out boxes of parts that have been accumulating for years.  The Steele Rubber Products box had a package of pads for the inner fender to cowl (firewall).  The part number is 20-1865-45.

Frankenstein57

Whens the last time you drove that car?

gasman826

Quote from: Frankenstein57 on 2012-11-20 19:06
Whens the last time you drove that car?

October 29, 2009...far, far too long!!!!!!!!!

sprink88

~Chris

RICH MUISE

Last time I drove mine was in '03!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe