Difference between B7A-16850-A and B7A-16850-B ornaments

Started by jwag, 2012-11-21 19:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jwag

I finally finished painting my Ranch wagon and need to get a new hood ornament and letters. Does anyone know what the difference is  between  B7A-16850-A  and  B7A-16850-B? I think I need  the "B" model but would like to know for sure if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks

rmk57

I think it's the emblem in the center. Fairlanes and Customs have different emblems.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JimNolan

"A" is Custom Series and "B" is Fairlane Series Cars.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

sprink88

~Chris

Tom S

Zapato

Interesting Ad from Obsolete. they give the correct OEM part numbers, part pictures look the same, use same stock number then charge $15- more for the custom series part.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

jwag

I do find this interesting. I still do not see a difference in the two. I wonder if it even matters?  Thanks for the response though!

57AGIN

Everyone:

I think I found the differences between the two hood ornament types, Fairlane & Custom.  I got the images from John Gambill's (1957Ford.com) web site and the info from the Custom 300 Models section page 1.  I don't know what the back side of the Fairlane hood ornament looks like, but the rear of the Custom hood ornament is the bulls eye.  Someone with a Fairlane can describe of provide a photo of the rear of the Fairlane hood ornament.  Boy, talk about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN

sprink88

~Chris

RICH MUISE

these are pics of the one I took off my Custom. (sent to Lono in B.C., may now be on Bill's)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

The fairlane hood ornament has a taller more pronounced  crown on top of the ford crest compared to the shorter flat crown on the custom series.

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-11-24 18:38
these are pics of the one I took off my Custom. (sent to Lono in B.C., may now be on Bill's)

It is.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

2x57sedan

i have one off my fairlane  4door parts car it has the bulls eye on the back side
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

gasman826

x2 57chero.  Fairlanes have a gold crown on the crest with tall/longer points on the crown.  The Custom crest has a less pronounced crown of silver.  A VERY, subtle difference but a necessary requirement for the anal.  I would not rest until I had the correct one.