News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

how many left.

Started by len, 2012-11-22 22:04

Previous topic - Next topic

len

does anyone know how many 57 fords were produced.lets say all makes and models.or how many are left. drivers,project cars,parts cars etc.just food for thought.len

JPotter57

There were almost 1.5 million of all body styles built, a lot were used up in NASCAR and demolition derbies, a lot were wrecked, and a lot more were victims of the "tin worm", The handful that were saved in museums are untouchable by the average joe, and then the nice examples that are fast approaching unobtanium status, leaves the rest of the survivors to us.  I know of 3 Couriers about 2 or 3 miles from here.  Those are the rarest of the `57 body styles, and there are 3 in the same place.  Of course, they are rough and becoming more so being stored outside.  That dude up north has something like 300 57 Fords.  There are lots of them still out there, just have to search them out.  Spend some time and get a good price, for the best possible body and you will be a bale of money ahead when it comes to body work.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

geraldchainsaw

to jpotter57,     whos the guy up north with all the 57's?,  what state etc?,  thanks   jerry

Frankenstein57

A guy named Colby, he lives in North Dakota I think. If you go into John Gambil's 57 ford site, go to the pictures section, somewhere around page 60 I think you might find them. He's got em lined up like new Buicks. I saw a few of them pop up on ebay, but want's pretty good$$$$$ for a field stored 55 year old car. Doesn't like to answer questions either.  Mark

JPotter57

The good thing about them is that are mostly complete.  I was thinking South Dakota, but its a long haul either way for me.He had a lot on ebay not long ago.
Old, loud, and fast.

2x57sedan

i think your talking about the guy in WI  ive tried to deal with him...lets say not easy to do

ford built/out sold chevy 3 to 1 in 57 but around here i dont care were you go junkyards, cruises ,car shows, there are ALLWAYS more 57 chevys then fords  if you see 1 57ford at acruise here your lucky theres allways atleast 2 chevys though.. it just doesnt add up right

well when i finnally get my sedan done there will almost allways be a57 ford at the cruises here
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

clusterbuster

Here in Northeast Pa you always see 57 Fords at the car shows, but a lot more 57 Chevys as you state. One you almost never see is the 1960 Ford Starliner, as I owned one back in sixties. I have come across only one Starliner that I can remember.

JPotter57

The guy in Wisconsin is Randy Conner.  He was a member here but I havent seen him on in a while.  He has a lot of 57s and everything is for sale, I guess except for his rare stuff. 
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

I've been to Randy's place, find he and his wife very nice.  He talks alot but if you lived in the north woods like he does not too many visitors there.  His drive way is almost two miles long!  He does have a bunch of very nice 57s and a bunch of "stuff".  I believe he has the market cornered on "E" parts, has an "E" code Ranchero (project) and a bunch of parts cars as well.  Found him to be easy to deal with although he don't like shipping stuff very much.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

sprink88

any info on Randy? I need 4dr seats in usable condition. Mine are shot.
~Chris

RICH MUISE

sprink...contact info is in the salvage yard link list
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe